|Many of Clariant's chemicals are not sold as pure chemicals but smart mixtures that are designed to do specific jobs as effectively and cost-efficiently as possible: formulations, such as dust-free dyes or easily dispersible pigments and non-foaming dispersions with long-term storage stability. |
Put simply, product formulation is more than just science. It is the fine art of developing perfect mixtures and smart product forms. Often, only these formulations bring out the best in chemicals and outperform the products of our competitors.
Formulation Technology serves three purposes:
- Take on special formulation projects, often with a cross-functional aspect
- Exchange know-how and generate expertise across ten different business units
- Explore new formulation technologies for the future e.g. microencapsulation
Specific expertise in the formulation of pigment preparations is versatile for products in the coating and plastic industries as well as in consumer markets. Based on a network of experts, both within Clariant and with selected external partners, we develop genuinely smart product forms.
Current topics in formulation include:
- Storage stability of emulsions and dispersions
- Efficient milling and particle size reduction
- Drying and dedusting
- Wetting and redispersing behavior
- Foaming and non-foaming
- Stabilization of nanoparticles and nanoemulsions
Technology & Chemistry
Strategic Communication Projects &