Competence Center Specialty Polymers
|The Competence Center Specialty Polymers designs and synthesizes polymeric systems to build structures with optimized topologies fulfilling requirements for various applications. |
In contrast to bulk polymers, which are mainly used as material to produce objects, the main purpose of Specialty Polymers, which are only part of a formulation, is to generate a special effect such as pH-stability, salt-stability, viscosity-control, adhesion, repellency, anti-corrosion, or stabilization of particles.
The Competence Center is responsible for five Technology Modules:
- Polymer Architecture
- New Surface Effects
- Advanced Delivery Systems
- Tailored Rheology
Hot topics around polymer specialties are
- Polymer synthesis and processes
- Functionality of polymeric systems like e.g. modification of surface properties, affinities, rheological profiles etc.
- Polymeric materials processing and hybrid systems
- Providing solutions for increasing demands in ecotox profiles, i.e., by making use of renewable building blocks or starting materials
Please contact us for support or questions.