Competence Center Colorants & Functional Chemicals
|The Competence Center Colorants & Functional Chemicals designs and synthesizes chromophores for dyestuffs and pigments as well as new additives for the plastics and coatings industries. We understand the molecular interactions between these effect chemicals and their various applications. |
We apply finishing technologies and know how to control and modify chemical particles and its surfaces to provide highest performance in automotive, coatings, plastics, and films. We constantly search for improved fastness properties of our products, enhance their ecological profile, and optimize synthesis routes and production costs.
Functional chemicals are key components that help our customers in designing new materials. By using our strong expertise in organic and organometallic chemistry, we develop new synthesis pathways and discover new molecular structures.
The Competence Center Colorants & Functional Chemicals is responsible for four Technology Modules:
- Chromophore Modification
- Physical and Chemical Crystal Engineering
- Phosphor Organic Chemistry
- Synthesis of Functional Chemicals
Hot topics around Colorants & Functional Chemicals are:
- High-tech pigments for non impact printing and electronic displays
- Easy-dispersible pigments for coatings
- New process additives for the plastic and coatings industries
- Nanoparticles and sol-gel combination for surface protection
- Photoactive compounds, solar energy conversion