- Active at low concentration (2%) compared to other flame retardants.
- High contribution to thermal stability of polyolefin.
- Excellent processability in the polymer.
- Processing possible even at high temperature (above 250°C).
- Good organoleptic properties, no fume, no odour in the production.
The product does not require a hazard warning label according CLP regulation (Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008, as amended).
For further information please refer to the Material Data Sheet.
|Solubility||Insoluble in water|
|Bulk density||approx. 510 g/l|
Cardboard box 25 kg
Pallet 500 kg (20 cardboard boxes)
For best shelf life store this product in a dry area at normal ambient temperatures.
Minimum shelf life is 1 year from the date of shipping when properly stored.
Products that offer outstanding sustainability advantages are awarded Clariant’s EcoTain® label. EcoTain® products significantly exceed sustainability market standards, have best-in-class performance and contribute overall to sustainability efforts of the company and our customers. Find out more about: EcoTain®.
Safe use, transparency and information
• No hazard labels.
• No migration from the resin on the long term.
• Reduced VOC emission during processing and use phases.
Addressing megatrends and social needs
• Contributes to saving lives and assets as a (halogen free) flame retardant.
• Being halogen-free it supports the attainability of eco-labels for customer products.
• Easy to handle, no dust (polymer classification under REACH).
• No smell or fumes during the processing.
Raw materials and sustainable sourcing
• High material efficiency in production with yield close to 100%.
• More than 20% renewable content (vegetable based).
Resource efficiency and environmental protection
• Low water consumption during production.
• Waste is used for thermal recovery.
• Increased efficiency as a light stabilizer in films and fibers.
• Contributes to reducing plastic waste and "greenhouse gas" emissions by increasing service life of equipped products.
Integrated sustainable business
• Multifunctional product: works as flame retardant, processing aid, light stabilizer and dispersing agent antioxidant.
• Easy to handle as a dust free granular product - developed in close collaboration with customers.
• Direct dosage without additional extrusion step.
• Complies with fire safety standards such as DIN 4102-1, class B2.
• Efficient at low loading levels.
• No adverse impact on final properties of plastics.
• No blooming or plate out.
• Ideal for industrial building and construction uses (insulation sheets).