- Sole carrier for better and faster dispersion of colorants, additives and fillers
- High loadings and outstanding dispersion when uses as a carrier for Masterbatches
- Low energy input
- Excellent adhesion properties combined with insignificant residual tack and maximum cohesion
- Recommended for textile and non-woven applications where a soft hand is crucial
- FDA compliance
The product does not require a hazard warning label according CLP regulation (Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008, as amended).
For further information please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet.
Delivery Specifications and (*) General Properties
|Characteristics||Unit||Target value||Test method|
|Softening Point||[°C]||99 - 103||ASTM D 3104|
|Viscosity||[mPa·s]||1700 - 2500||DIN 53019 at 170 °C|
|*Density (23°C)||[g/cm³]||~ 0.88||ISO 1183|
Polyethylene bag 15 kg
Pallet 750 kg (50 bags)
Big Bag 800 kg
For best shelf life store this product in a dry area at normal ambient temperatures.
Minimum shelf life is two years from the date of shipping when properly stored.
Products that offer outstanding sustainability advantages are awarded Clariant’s EcoTain® label. EcoTain® products significantly exceed sustainability market standards, have best-in-class performance and contribute overall to sustainability efforts of the company and our customers. Find out more about: EcoTain®.
Safe use, transparency and information
• Negligible odor and reduced VOC during production and with the final product.
Addressing megatrends and social needs
• Less energy and hot melt consumption during production.
• No additional compounding step at adhesives manufacturers.
• Addressing the trend to smaller nozzles in the production and healthier mattresses.
Raw materials and sustainable sourcing
• Up to 40% reduced hot melt consumption in customers´ production compared to market standard due to excellent performance and consistent quality.
Resource efficiency and environmental protection
• When using EVA based hot melts, the mattress core is composed of 3 different components.
• With Licocene, recycling is much more efficient, because mattress core consists of steel and PP only.
Integrated sustainable business
• Tailor made hot melt solution based on customer needs.
• Improved quality combined with less emission allowing them to produce healthier and more sustainable mattresses.
• No smell in production, nor with the final product.
• Significantly reduced coating weights and improved bonding strength.
• Improved heat resistance and cold temperature flexibility. No color.
Licocene PP 2502 granules can be used for the production of human-ecological optimized textiles.