Organoleptic coloration for beverages: SenseAction™
Vibrant sensation – color and functionality
The demand for food purity is growing amongst consumers – the changing beverage market requires organoleptic pre-tested masterbatches. Clariant’s SenseAction™ combines a dedicated raw material range with a safe production process.
The power of a lasting association
Scanning the supermarket shelves, it’s easy to feel lost in a sea of choices. Our first sensory connection is made by the eye, attracted by the color and shape of the packaging. Next, our brain recognizes the brand and instantly makes a positive or negative association based on previous organoleptic experience of the odor and taste of the contents. Finally, our hand will either reach out to the product or move to another. All this may take just a few seconds but it can create a pattern of buying behavior that lasts a lifetime.
In a market where brand image and health awareness are key buying factors, Clariant’s organoleptic pre-tested masterbatches help mitigate the risk of organoleptic influences.
»SenseAction™ is more than a product: it's a concept that caps producers and brand owners can rely on for delighting the senses of consumers.«
Global Head of Segment Packaging
COLORS THAT DELIGHT THE SENSES
Generally, negative experiences create a stronger, more lasting impression than positive like tasting bottle water that smells or tastes poor. And if enough consumers have the same unpleasant organoleptic experience, this can result in a significant financial impact for brand owners.
This issue must be addressed by brand owners along the value chain, from raw material producer to retailers. At Clariant, we have created a concept for coloring organoleptic-sensitive applications that caps producers and brand owners can rely on to help create the vital positive association in the consumer’s mind.
The concept is based on three pillars: a dedicated raw material portfolio; an HACCP production site; and a sensory test method which results we share with our customers.
Dedicated raw material portfolio
- Formulated on organoleptic HDPE carrier
- Dedicated range of pigments selected according to internal know-how to achieve best balance performance/sensorial impact
- Superior care for regulatory related to food contact applications
- Strict powder locked formulation policy
- Special handling and storage for all raw materials on stock to avoid cross contamination
HACCP production site
- One single production site with planned backup options, internally certified to HACCP procedures
- Dedicated production lines
- Special cleaning procedures to avoid contamination risks
- In-house milling of organoleptic carrier
- Closed-loop water bath system dedicated to organoleptic masterbatch extrusion
Sensory test method & result certificate
- Efficient, reliable short sensory test method according to DIN norm, to speed up testing phase and go-to-market approach
- Lot-by-lot testing of SenseAction masterbatches by a certified independent lab
- Certificate of Analysis includes test results for each production lot
Masterbatch formulation based on dedicated raw material range
Safe production process at internally certified production site
Sensory test at external partner for each lot, limiting risk
Organoleptic pre-tested masterbatches support sustainability
How can we help? Contact us!