Clariant is a focused and innovative specialty chemical company, based in Muttenz near Basel/Switzerland. On 31 December 2018 the company employed a total workforce of 17 901. In the financial year 2018, Clariant recorded sales of CHF 6.623 billion for its continuing businesses. As one of the world's leading specialty chemical companies, Clariant contributes to value creation with innovative and sustainable solutions for customers from many industries. Our portfolio is designed to meet specific needs with as much precision as possible. At the same time, our research & development is focused on addressing the key trends of our time. These include energy efficiency, renewable raw materials, emission-free mobility, and conserving finite resources. Our business units are organized into four business areas: Care Chemicals, Natural Resources, Catalysis and Plastics & Coatings.
Clariant's corporate strategy is based on five pillars:
» focus on innovation and R&D
» add value with sustainability
» reposition portfolio
» intensify growth
» increase profitability
Clariant in India, headquartered in Navi Mumbai, operates in the business areas of Care Chemicals (BU Industrial & Consumer Specialties), Plastics & Coatings (BU Pigments, BU Masterbatches and BU Additives), Natural Resources (BU Functional Minerals, BL Mining Services) and Catalysis (BU Catalysts). The company has manufacturing units at several locations in India, spread across Vashere & Roha in Maharashtra; Cuddalore in Tamil Nadu; Rania, Nandesari & Kalol in Gujarat; Nagda in Madhya Pradesh; Bonthapally in Telangana and Edayar in Kerala. In 2018, Clariant inaugurated its new greenfield Healthcare Packaging production plant in Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu.
With dedicated Application Centers and a state-of-the-art Regional Innovation Center (RIC) in India, the company aims to co-create tailor-made solutions for the industry. The RIC is part of Clariant's Global Innovation Network.
Clariant in India is also actively engaged in various community initiatives and has adapted a strategy to focus on the following key areas:
BUSINESS ENTITIES IN INDIA
- Focus on chemistry for next generation and help build future talent in industry
- As Environment, Safety and Health are top priorities for Clariant, we would extend these initiatives to the community
- We consider that women are a catalyst of change in the society and hence we have to ensure that we educate the girl child and support to empower women by helping them develop alternative skills
- Clariant Chemicals (India) Ltd, is a public listed company with 51% of the shares held by Clariant International and its group companies. This entity generated revenue of INR 10.56 billion (fiscal year 2017-18) and includes the businesses: Pigments, Masterbatches and Additives
- Clariant India Ltd, is a 100% subsidiary of Clariant AG, which includes the businesses: Industrial & Consumer Specialties, Functional Minerals and Mining Services
- Clariant Medical Specialties India Ltd, is a 100% subsidiary of Clariant Group, which includes the business line: Healthcare Packaging
- Clariant's Catalysts business in India is present as a JV with Sud-Chemie India Pvt Ltd and Clariant International