Clariant is a focused, sustainable and innovative specialty chemical company based in Muttenz, near Basel/Switzerland. On 31 December 2019, the company employed a total workforce of 17 223. In the financial year 2019, Clariant recorded sales of CHF 4.399 billion for its continuing businesses. The company reports in three business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis and Natural Resources.
Clariant's corporate strategy is based on five pillars:
» focus on innovation and R&D
» add value with sustainability
» reposition portfolio
» intensify growth
» increase profitability
Clariant in India, headquartered in Navi Mumbai, operates in the business areas of Care Chemicals (BU Industrial & Consumer Specialties and New Business Development), Plastics & Coatings (BU Pigments), Natural Resources (BU Functional Minerals, BL Mining Services and BU Additives) and Catalysis (BU Catalysts and Biofuels & Derivatives). The company has manufacturing units at various locations in India, spread across Roha in Maharashtra; Cuddalore in Tamil Nadu; Nandesari in Gujarat; Nagda in Madhya Pradesh; Bonthapally in Telangana and Edayar in Kerala.
With dedicated Application Centers and a state-of-the-art Regional Innovation Center (RIC) in India, the company aims to co-create tailor-made solutions for the industry. The RIC is part of Clariant's Global Innovation Network.
Clariant in India is actively engaged in various community initiatives and has adapted a strategy to focus on the following key areas:
- Focus on chemistry for next generation and help build future talent in industry
- As Environment, Safety and Health are top priorities for Clariant, we would extend these initiatives to the community
- We consider that women are a catalyst of change in the society and hence we have to ensure that we educate the girl child and support to empower women by helping them develop alternative skills
BUSINESS ENTITIES IN INDIA
- Clariant Chemicals (India) Ltd, is a public listed company with 51% of the shares held by Clariant International and its group companies. This entity includes the Pigments business.
- Clariant India Ltd, is a 100% subsidiary of Clariant AG, which includes the businesses: Additives, Functional Minerals, Industrial & Consumer Specialties and Mining Services.
- Clariant's Catalysts business in India is present as a JV with Sud-Chemie India Pvt Ltd and Clariant International.