Spectroscopic methods are state of the art analytical techniques. They are applied to many of the analytical solutions within CC Analytical Services.
Services offered for molecular spectroscopy:
- Mass spectroscopy (MS)
- Infrared spectroscopy (IR)
- Near Infrared spectroscopy (NIR)
- UV/VIS Spectroscopy (UV/VIS)
- NMR Spectroscopy (NMR)
The main application for mass spectroscopy within CC Analytical Services is in combination with chromatographic techniques.
- Coupling with liquid chromatography
- Coupling with gas chromatography
- MALDI-TOF System
The analyses are carried out with single-quadruple systems, Orbitrap-Iontrap-system and MALDI-TOF-system. A mass range of about 18 to 50000 Dalton is covered.
IR spectroscopy is used for structural determination, quantification and identification. NIR methods have been developed for many applications in production. A common analytical method of NIR is the moisture determination of products.
- Identification and characterisation of substances
- Structure elucidation
- Quantitative determinations
- On-line detection in process analytics
- Determination of crystal modifications
- Water and moisture determinations
UV-Vis-spectrometry, a simple and fast method for measuring the spectra of samples between 190 and 1100 nm, is used in nearly all analytical fields within CC Analytical Services.Fields of application (examples):
DI Martina HirschenCCA, Chemical Analysis+49 69 305 16861
- Characterization of substances
- Quantitative determination of substances in solution
- Determination of solubility of pigments in water and organic solvents
- Determination of dissolution kinetics
CC Analytical Services operates a 400 MHz spectrometer with state of the art full digital control, autosampler and multielement probe.
The NMR services include the measurement incl. sample preparation, spectral interpretation, complex experiments and consulting for the best possible test setup for each customer inquiry.
An excerpt from our range of services:
- Sample preparation in various solvents
- measuring the spectra of various nuclei like 1H-19F and 15N -31P
- Complex and multi-dimensional measurements
- Quantitative NMR spectroscopy (qNMR)