Manage defined capital projects under consideration of internal and external regulations, product quality, economy, process technology, occupational and process safety, industrial hygiene and environmental protection.
- Support and evaluate engineering projects and verify compliance with required permits
- Evaluate vendor market, prepare technical and commercial bid analysis, and create purchase requisitions
- Control quality, operational readiness and factory acceptance tests of purchased equipment
- Perform feasibility studies, basic engineering and technical dimensioning of equipment
- Ensure projects are managed in accordance with all Clariant engineering guidelines
- Develop, implement and maintain integrity of site engineering standards
- Steer and Control project progress in order to achieve agreed project targets with regards to timeline and budget
- Provide direction and assistance in the preparation of capital estimates, budgets, scope documents and schedule data for proposed or approved projects
- Responsible for project-specific supervision of contractors, suppliers and plant employees assigned to technical projects as necessary to carry out project completion
- Initiate, plan, execute, monitor & control and close projects related to both new or existing equipment and facilities
- Responsible for completion and accuracy of capital acquisition requests (CARs)
- Work with operations and manufacture personnel to successfully assure successful project implementations and start-ups
- Document key project measurements in project progress report and the project closure report
Occupational and process safety, environmental protection
- Perform and lead process risk analysis; support and implement corresponding action items
- Ensure and control compliance with internal and external regulations, guidelines, obligations from authorities and other requirements regarding quality, safety and environmental protection
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- a minimum of 5 years project engineering experience in a chemical process manufacturing environment required
- Lean/Six Sigma Greenbelt a plus
- SAP experience desired
- Must have excellent overall computer skills, SAP experience is preferred but not required
- Ability to work varied work hours
- Must be a self starter and able to make fast and accurate decisions
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks effectively.
- Critical thinking, problem solving and decision making ability.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.