Clariant is seeking a 2nd shift Production Shift Supervisor. The Production Shift Supervisor will be a leader who provides a physical presence on the production floor than ensures safe operations, excellent quality products are produced, employees follow procedures and customer expectations are met. Other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises production operators on the shift, conduct appraisals, mentor and develop employees
- Interface with Management, Labs, Technical and Customer Service for total coordination to provide customers with quality products, timely delivery and assure a profitable operation to the company.
- Identify problems, drive to root cause and implement solutions
- Ensure a 5S culture exists on the shop floor and that processes are followed
- Motivate personnel and reward good performance
- Direct, set-up, operate extrusion and blending equipment as needed
- Lead daily performance dialogue meetings, lead communication on important and relevant issues
- Work closely with production planning on scheduling issues, maximize performance to the production schedule
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly reports as directed
- Be a positive representative of the company when talking with associates
Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
3-5 years leadership experience. Experience in Plastics Manufacturing process preferred
Proven leadership skills.
Must have excellent overall computer skills including Microsoft Office Applications.
SAP experience preferred but not required.