Serve as critical programmer/analyst to help improve processes using advanced technology (e.g. DCS, Batch Recipes and various Software's) aiming for the highest degree of efficiency aligned to corporate/site objectives. Ensure operational availability of automation equipment in the plant (DCS, SIS, BAS, Servers).
DCS corrections and improvements
- Improve DCS operation, correcting errors and implementing improvements
- Continuous review of DCS screens enabling user friendly interfaces to operators
- Review of Batch sequences implementing changes identified by improvement programs
Digitalization and Plant Support
- Implement new automated ways of executing tasks via technology (advanced manufacturing)
- Coordinate and execute trainings to plant people in his/her area of expertise
- Support process automation engineer identifying and implementing new solutions
- Backup of Process automation Engineer
Investment Projects and Maintenance
- Support engineers on new investment projects, defining changes necessary to DCS system
- Implement changes to DCS systems (e.g. screens, interlocks, batch sequences) from investment projects
- Commissioning of DCS system after modifications
- Perform preventive maintenance and tests for automation systems
- Respond to critical failures of DCS system, troubleshooting and fixing errors
ESHA and legal compliance
- Ensure compliance with local legal regulations, permits and Clariant guidelines
- Ensure that DCS and SIS PLC are performing as expected ensuring high availability of systems
- Support plant in RCAs and investigations through DCS activities
- Participate in risk analysis; support and implement corresponding action items
- Bachelor degree or equivalent from college/university or technical school; or more than 2 years related experience and/or training
- Prefer strong DCS experience including Automation, programming, reading, understanding and updating systems.
- At least 2-5 years of experience programming or enhancing DCS systems (Siemens, ABB or Emerson) with the willingness to learn .net development or 3-5 years experience in .net technology development with a willingness to learn DCS systems.
- Electrical & Instrumentation or programming experience a major plus
- Experience with Functional Block Chart “FBC”, Functional Block Diagram “FBD”, Instructional List “IL”, Sequential Functional Charts “SFC” or similar.
- Ability to interact with different teams including operators and upper management