The Plant Engineer is the champion for the installed equipment. He/She will use Lean Methods and structured problem solving, while working with cross functional teams, to increase mechanical availability, improve ESHA conditions, and to improve the general condition of the factory. The Plant Engineer is responsible for the department’s maintenance spend and will work closely with our internal Maintenance department to drive effectiveness and efficiencies. Responsibilities may include:
- Maintenance and Reliability
- Working closely with the internal Reliability group to prioritize and implement improvements to increase equipment OEE and Mechanical Availability.
- Review OEE, Work Order, and Spending data to develop bad actor list and prioritize improvement actions.
- Review and update equipment documentation such as SAP BOM, P&IDs, Equipment drawings, and work procedures.
- Participate and lead risk analysis including PRA, JHA, and others.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained and run consistent with internal, local, and national rules, regulations and best practices.
- Project Engineering
- Identify improvement opportunities to increase reliability, reduce cost, or improve productivity.
- Leads small Capital Projects (< $100K) from inception through completion. Includes scoping, estimating, securing contracted resources, construction, and startup of the project.
- Participate on large capital projects as the voice of production.
- Other areas include
- Provide technical assistance to operators, mechanics, and others within the area of responsibility
- Provide plant support during startups, plant trials, and plant turnarounds
- Perform other functions as necessary or as assigned
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Preferred)
- 3+ years experience in a chemical process manufacturing environment required
- Lean/Six Sigma Greenbelt a plus
- Must have excellent overall computer skills, SAP experience is preferred but not required
- Ability to work varied work hours
- Must be a self-starter and able to make fast and accurate decisions
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks effectively.
- Critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making ability.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.