Clariant is seeking a Research Chemist for its Louisville Kentucky location. The employee will be mainly responsible for Research and Development of petrochemical catalysts at R&D Center Louisville, BU Catalyst.
- Improve existing products and develop new products through research and development of petrochemical catalysts and related processes.
- Lead and execute R&D, technical service, and production support projects as project leader.
- Drive defined tasks and work streams forward with creativity, endurance and team spirit to meet milestones and objectives.
- Initiate and execute developments of new methods for catalyst preparation, characterization, and performance testing.
- Prepare and test catalysts for R&D, technical service, production support projects. Operate pilot plant and bench scale test units, and conduct gas chromatography (GC) analysis, calculation and analysis of test results.
- Troubleshoot test units and GC’s operations and solve test problems with assistance from other group members and maintenance.
- Assisting design of changes and implementing modifications necessary to address operational issues for testing unit.
- Maintain a very organized and detailed laboratory notebook. Write weekly, monthly, and project reports, and make presentations in internal and external meetings.
- Minimum BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with 3+ years of additional hands-on experience in catalyst development and testing after the degree study.
- Must be familiar with catalyst preparation and testing, GC operation and data analysis.
- Knowledge of data acquisition and control hardware/software is a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to be very hands on, flexible, and thrive in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to conduct experiments in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Very strong analytical, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have excellent communication and technical skills.