Senior Research Chemist
Clariant is seeking a chemist/engineer for its Louisville Kentucky location. This position will focus on research and development of catalysts for fuel cell applications.
- Improvement of existing products and development of new products.
- Lead and excecute projects for R&D, technical service and production support
- Use expertise to support other projects as needed.
- Drive defined work streams and projects forward with creativity, endurance and team spirit to meet milestones and objectives.
- Initiate and execute development of new methods for catalyst preparation, characterization, and performance testing.
- Prepare and test catalyst samples for R&D, technical service, production support projects. Operate bench scale test units, conduct gas chromatography (GC) analysis.
- Organize and analyze data to formulate conclusions and next steps to drive projects forward.
- Troubleshoot test unit and GC operations and resolve problems with assistance from other group members and maintenance.
- Maintain a very organized and detailed laboratory notebook. Write reports and make presentations as needed.
- Maintain assigned equipment and troubleshoot problems.
- Sustain a clean and safe work environment
- Performs other functions as needed.
- Advanced degree (Master's or Ph. D.) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Must be familiar with catalyst preparation and evaluation, GC operation and data analysis.
- Ability to analyze and correlate data obtained in catalyst preparation, characterization, and testing.
- Knowledge of data acquisition and control hardware/software is a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to be very hands on, flexible, and thrive in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to independently conduct experiments in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Very strong analytical, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have excellent communication and technical skills.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.