Drop-in Automatable Desiccant Packets
Desiccant packets are small sachets that can be filled with a variety of sorbent materials and are aimed at protecting healthcare products from degradation due to moisture. Desiccant packets help maintain drug stability and prolong shelf life inside healthcare packaging containers. Available with a variety of active materials, packets from Clariant are available in pre-cut or as reel-wound Continu-Strip®, which can be efficiently automated on standard packaging equipment.
Packets are ideal for pharmaceutical and nutraceutical products that are susceptible to either chemical or physical degradation due to moisture. Silica gel (silicone dioxide) and molecular sieve (zeolite) are offered depending on the moisture adsorption attributes required for any given application. Activated carbon is used either independently or in combination with silica gel to provide odor adsorption properties.
Desiccant packets are often widely used for diagnostic and medical device applications to protect reagents, rapid tests, urinalysis strips, ELISA kits and a variety of in vitro and clinical diagnostic devices.
Clariant offers desiccant packets that are fully compliant with US FDA and EU regulations for use in pharmacuetical applications and that comply with US Pharmaceopia USP <670> standards for pharmaceutical desiccants.
Clariant’s trusted brands include:
- Sorb-It®: Silica gel (moisture adsorption)
- Tri-Sorb®: Molecular sieve (moisture adsorption)
- 2-in-1 Pak®: Desiccant + activated carbon (moisture and odor control)
- Getter Pak®: Activated carbon (odor control)
- Cost efficient: Clariant offers products from worldwide production sites and various material options like DuPont Tyvek® and nonwovens.
- Versatile sorbent materials: Materials include silica gel, molecular sieve, active carbon and combinations to fit specific stability requirements.
- Wide range of sizes: Standard sizes include ¼g to 10g.
- Business Continuity Planning (BCP): Production of like products is available from high capacity, multi-lane production equipment at multiple sites.
- Standard or customized: Both stock quick-ship material or make-to-order for strict batch sizes are offered.
- Accurate insertion: Continu-Strip® packets are available with hole punch to optimize cutting accuracy and automatic insertion.
Please contact us for safety and regulatory details or the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).