Stabilizer for biocide-free paints
Stabilizers are crucial additives for mineral paint systems as they improve the paints rheology and application profile while enhancing the storage stability. In combination with Dispersogen SPS, the product helps to:
- lower the yield point of the paint formulation and thereby contribute to a more fluid paint appearance.
- achieve good leveling and surface performance
- improve the paint's thixotropic profile. Thus, less efforts are required to homogenize the paint formulation
- extend paints shelf life due to low impact on viscosity and pH during storage
- Low VOC
- Free of alkylphenol ethoxylates
- Suitable for ecolabels such as European Ecoflower, German Blue Angel, Scandinavian Nordic Swan or French NF Environment
|Active content:||approx. 20%|
|pH value, 10% aqueous solution:||approx. 11|
|Solubility:||soluble in water, not soluble in mineral spirit and aromatic solvents
|Density:||approx. 1.02 g/cm3|
|Flash point:||> 100 °C|
|Dosage:||about 0.3 – 1.0 weight % in the paint
|Mode of dosage:||Dispersogen SPV is added to the formulation at the initial stage together with wetting and dispersing agents and the inorganic pigments to the mill base. After stirring potassium silicate and optionally the polymer emulsions are added.