The product does not require a hazard warning label according CLP regulation (Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008, as amended).
For further information please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet.
SpecificationsDelivery Specifications and (*) General Properties
|Characteristics||Unit||Target value||Test method|
|Appearance||almost white to slightly yellowish powder||QM-AA-634|
|Acid value||[mg KOH/g]||max. 8||ISO 2114|
|Drop point||[°C]||139 - 144||ISO 2176|
|*Density (23°C)||[g/cm³]||~ 1,00||ISO 1183|
ApplicationsModification of asphalt and bitumen for road construction.
Packaging and HandlingDelivery form
The product is also available in other physical form.
Big Bag 500 kg
Polyethylene bag 25 kg
Pallet 1000 kg (40 bags
For best shelf life store this product in a dry area at normal ambient temperatures.
Minimum shelf life is 2 years from the date of shipping when properly stored.
Products that offer outstanding sustainability advantages are awarded Clariant’s EcoTain® label. EcoTain® products significantly exceed sustainability market standards, have best-in-class performance and contribute overall to sustainability efforts of the company and our customers. Find out more about: EcoTain®.
Safe use, transparency and information
• No hazard labels.
• High thermal stability.
• Reduces VOC emissions and odor during construction work.
Addressing megatrends and social needs
• May save costs for the community by improving life span of roads.
Raw materials and sustainable sourcing
• High content of renewable raw material.
Resource efficiency and environmental protection
• Efficient at low dosing levels.
• Contributes to saving resources by reduction of processing temperature of the asphalt.
• Helps prolonging life span of roads by providing a higher resistance to erosion and wheel ruts.
Integrated sustainable business
• Works as viscosity reducing additive.
• Increases softening point of bitumen and asphalt.
• Improves hardness of installed roads.
• Increases durability of roads.
• Lowers viscosity of bitumen and thus enhancing workability of asphalt mixes.
• Ideal for heavy-duty asphalt mixes, e.g. airfields, intersections and bus stops.
Please contact us for safety and regulatory details or the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).