- Edition Number :
- Edition Date :
- May 03, 2018
- Halogen free flame retardant
- Easy to handle granular form
- Improved processability and fibers spinnability
- No fibers discoloration
Safety and MSDSHazards
The product does not require a hazard warning label according CLP regulation (Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008, as amended).
For further information please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet.
SDS / TDS / MSDS
Appearance Off-white to slightly yellow
ApplicationsHostavin NOW pills XP provides flame retardancy as well as light and thermal stability to polyolefin thin sections. Its chemical nature will allow an easy and uniform distribution without affecting organoleptic properties of the final article.
Hostavin NOW pills XP is perfectly compatible in most of plastics, especially in polyolefins. Hostavin NOW pills XP is highly recommended for polypropylene fibers as it can be processed at elevated temperatures.
Packaging and HandlingDelivery form
Cardboard box 20 kg
Pallet 400 kg (20 cardboard boxes)
Polyethylen bag 20 kg
Pallet 500 kg (25 bags)
Minimum shelf life is 2 years from the date of shipping when properly stored.
For best shelf life store this product in a dry area at normal ambient temperatures.
Products that offer outstanding sustainability advantages are awarded Clariant’s EcoTain® label. EcoTain® products significantly exceed sustainability market standards, have best-in-class performance and contribute overall to sustainability efforts of the company and our customers. Find out more about: EcoTain®.PEOPLESAFE USE, TRANSPARENCY AND INFORMATION
ADDRESSING MEGATRENDS AND SOCIETAL NEEDS
- Non hazardous. Low VOC emission during processing and use phases.
PLANETRAW MATERIALS AND SUSTAINABLE SOURCING
- Less energy and material consumption of plastics in agricultural apllications.
- It offers protection to assets when used as a halogen free flame retardant.
- Supports the attainability of eco-labels for customer products.
RESOURCE EFFICIENCY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
- High material efficiency in production with yield close to 100%.
- More than 20% renewable content (vegetable based).
PERFORMANCEINTEGRATED SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS
- Low water consumption during production.
- Production waste is used for thermal recovery.
- Increased efficiency as a light stabilizer in films and fibers.
- Reduction of plastic waste and "greenhouse gas" emissions by increasing service life of equipped products.
- Multifunctional product, works as processing aid, light stabilizer, antioxidant and flame retardant.
- Intensive collaboration with customers in product development for tailor made solutions.
- Easy to handle as a dust free granular product.
- Increases service life of plastic films exposed to critical conditions such as solar radiation and contact with agrochemicals.
- Efficient as flame retardant at low levels.
- No adverse impact on final properties of plastics.