EQius™ Equilibrium Stabilizers
Maintain humidity equilibrium in pharmaceutical and nutraceutical packaging
EQius™ Equilibrium RH Stabilizers are sorbent products that maintain a certain humidity level in pharmaceutical packaging in cases where specific relative humidity conditions are required.
An equilibrium sorbent performs like a humectant (desorber) and desiccant (adsorber) for applications requiring a specific Equilibrium Relative Humidity (ERH) range inside product packaging.
- Sensitive formulations protected: Dedicated Relative Humidity levels are available to fit the needs of Dry Powder Inhalers (DPIs) and hard & soft gelatin capsules to optimize their performance and delivery.
- Wide range of products: Configurations include packets, capsules, stoppers and bags at different equilibrium levels from 10% to 30% RH.
- Standard or customized: An array of standard products are available, whether off-the-shelf or make-to-order, with customization available.
- Standard humidity levels can be set from 10% to 30% Relative Humidity, and customized ERH levels are available.
- Product packaging will not drop below or rise above specified humidity levels (within stated tolerances, MVTR and temperature).
- Typical applications include Dry Powder Inhalers (DPIs), gelatin capsules, rapid release tablets and dental materials.
For more information about oxygen and moisture protection solutions, visit our Healthcare packaging page.
Please contact us for safety and regulatory details or the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).