AddWorks® LXR™ 920
AddWorks LXR 920 is based on Hostavin NOW - Clariant´s patented aminoether HALS technology - and further provides UV protection, excellent processability to the polymer and a superior chemical resistance to halogen - or sulfur - containing products.
Discover Value Story: What it takes to build a safe home.
- Active at low concentration (2%) compared to other flame retardants.
- High contribution to thermal stability of polyolefin.
- Excellent processability in the polymer.
- Processing possible even at high temperature (above 250°C).
- Good organoleptic properties, no fume, no odour in the production.
The product does not require a hazard warning label according CLP regulation (Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008, as amended).
For further information please refer to the Material Data Sheet.
|Solubility||Insoluble in water|
|Bulk density||approx. 510 g/l|
Application PlasticsAddWorks LXR 920 provides flame retardancy, thermal and UV stability to polyolefine (PP, PE) thin films and fibers.
Packaging and HandlingDelivery form
Cardboard box 25 kg
Pallet 500 kg (20 cardboard boxes)
For best shelf life store this product in a dry area at normal ambient temperatures.
Minimum shelf life is 1 year from the date of shipping when properly stored.
Products that offer outstanding sustainability advantages are awarded Clariant’s EcoTain® label. EcoTain® products significantly exceed sustainability market standards, have best-in-class performance and contribute overall to sustainability efforts of the company and our customers. Find out more about: EcoTain®.
Safe use, transparency and information
• No hazard labels.
• No migration from the resin on the long term.
• Reduced VOC emission during processing and use phases.
Addressing megatrends and social needs
• Contributes to saving lives and assets as a (halogen free) flame retardant.
• Being halogen-free it supports the attainability of eco-labels for customer products.
• Easy to handle, no dust (polymer classification under REACH).
• No smell or fumes during the processing.
Raw materials and sustainable sourcing
• High material efficiency in production with yield close to 100%.
• More than 20% renewable content (vegetable based).
Resource efficiency and environmental protection
• Low water consumption during production.
• Waste is used for thermal recovery.
• Increased efficiency as a light stabilizer in films and fibers.
• Contributes to reducing plastic waste and "greenhouse gas" emissions by increasing service life of equipped products.
Integrated sustainable business
• Multifunctional product: works as flame retardant, processing aid, light stabilizer and dispersing agent antioxidant.
• Easy to handle as a dust free granular product - developed in close collaboration with customers.
• Direct dosage without additional extrusion step.
• Complies with fire safety standards such as DIN 4102-1, class B2.
• Efficient at low loading levels.
• No adverse impact on final properties of plastics.
• No blooming or plate out.
• Ideal for industrial building and construction uses (insulation sheets).