3D Printer Filament
- Edition Number :
- Edition Date :
- October 31, 2018
Clariant polyamide 6 3D printer filament is made of a good flowing Polyamide 6 that results in high performance 3D printed parts. Clariant Hostanox® P-EPQ® and Nylostab® S-EED® are added via a Renol® masterbatch to improve resistance to thermo-oxidative degradation and minimize yellowing due to ultraviolet radiation.Print Data Sheet
- Semi-crystalline thermoplastic
- High impact strength
- High stiffness
- Outstanding wear resistance
- Good coefficient of friction
- Very good temperature resistance
- Reduced thermo-oxidative degradation
- Increased process stability at high processing temperatures
- Improved long term heat and stability to ultraviolet and visible light
- Mechanical and technical application parts that require toughness and durability
*Subject to detailed product specifications.
Safety & MSDS
Please contact us for safety and regulatory details or the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
- Print Temperature = 250-280°C
- Print Speed = 20-50 mm/s
- Bed Adhesion = directly on glass, polyimide film or a PEI surface all with a thin coating of polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) based glue
- Bed Temperature = ideally heated up to 70°C
- Fan Settings = medium to high
Note: parameters are dependent on printer used; Clariant tests were performed on an Ultimaker 3 extended and a 3ntr A4 V2 printer.
Typical Property Values
a. Organic based color. b. DSC = Differential Scanning Calorimetry at 10°C/minute.
Property Typical Values Units Test Method Test Specimen white black colora natural MECHANICAL PROPERTIES Tensile stress at yield, 50 mm/min 76 78 75 MPa ISO 527 Injection molded Tensile elongation at break, 50 mm/min 30 20 19 % ISO 527 Injection molded Flexural modulus 2320 2480 2490 MPa ISO 178 Injection molded Flexural strength 93 101 96 MPa ISO 178 Injection molded Izod impact strength notched 2.9 4.0 2.8 MPa ISO 180 Injection molded Charpy impact strength notched 5330 J/m2 ISO 180 Injection molded THERMAL PROPERTIES Melting point 221 °C ISO 11357, DSCb Glass transition temperature n/a °C ISO 11357, DSCb Heat deflection temperature at 1.8 MPa (A) 57 58 55 °C ISO 75 Injection molded Heat deflection temperature at 0.45 MPa (B) 146 165 175 °C ISO 75 Injection molded Heat deflection temperature at 0.45 MPa (B) °C ISO 75 3D printed XY / flat GENERAL PROPERTIES Density 1143 1141 1130 kg/m3 ISO 1183
Note: results are generated according to the valid testing standards indicated above and the standard operating procedures used by the testing facilities.
Available ColorsStandard Color Range
ColorWorks® ColorForward® consumer color directions 2019
- MADE IN HUMAN - Protect the core (red)
Packaging and HandlingDelivery form
1.75 mm and 2.85 mm diameter 3D printer filament.
1 kg and 5 kg spools of 3D printer filament.Custom sizes are available upon request.
Ideally store the 3D printer filament in a cool, dry place at temperatures between 5 to 25°C in a sealed container with the provided Clariant Desi Pak® desiccant bag. If the 3D printer filament has been exposed to moisture, please dry at 80°C for at least 4 hours with a vacuum or desiccant drying system if possible. Minimum shelf life is 1 year from the date of shipping when properly stored.