3D Printer Filament
Clariant polyamide 6 3D printer filament is made of a good flowing Polyamide 6 that results in high performance 3D printed parts. Clariant Hostanox® P-EPQ® and Nylostab® S-EED® are added via a Renol® masterbatch to improve resistance to thermo-oxidative degradation and minimize yellowing due to ultraviolet radiation.
- Semi-crystalline thermoplastic
- High impact strength
- High stiffness
- Outstanding wear resistance
- Good coefficient of friction
- Very good temperature resistance
- Reduced thermo-oxidative degradation
- Increased process stability at high processing temperatures
- Improved long term heat and stability to ultraviolet and visible light
- Mechanical and technical application parts that require toughness and durability
*Subject to detailed product specifications.
- Print Temperature = 250-280°C
- Print Speed = 20-50 mm/s
- Bed Adhesion = directly on glass, polyimide film or a PEI surface all with a thin coating of polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) based glue
- Bed Temperature = ideally heated up to 70°C
- Fan Settings = medium to high
Note: parameters are dependent on printer used; Clariant tests were performed on an Ultimaker 3 extended and a 3ntr A4 V2 printer.
Typical Property Values
|Property||Typical Values||Units||Test Method||Test Specimen|
|Tensile stress at yield, 50 mm/min||76||78||75||MPa||ISO 527||Injection molded|
|Tensile elongation at break, 50 mm/min||30||20||19||%||ISO 527||Injection molded|
|Flexural modulus||2320||2480||2490||MPa||ISO 178||Injection molded|
|Flexural strength||93||101||96||MPa||ISO 178||Injection molded|
|Izod impact strength notched||2.9||4.0||2.8||MPa||ISO 180||Injection molded|
|Charpy impact strength notched||5330||J/m2||ISO 180||Injection molded|
|Melting point||221||°C||ISO 11357, DSCb|
|Glass transition temperature||n/a||°C||ISO 11357, DSCb|
|Heat deflection temperature at 1.8 MPa (A)||57||58||55||°C||ISO 75||Injection molded|
|Heat deflection temperature at 0.45 MPa (B)||146||165||175||°C||ISO 75||Injection molded|
|Heat deflection temperature at 0.45 MPa (B)||°C||ISO 75||3D printed XY / flat|
Note: results are generated according to the valid testing standards indicated above and the standard operating procedures used by the testing facilities.
Available ColorsStandard Color Range
ColorWorks® ColorForward® consumer color directions 2019
- MADE IN HUMAN - Protect the core (red)
Packaging and HandlingDelivery form
1.75 mm and 2.85 mm diameter 3D printer filament.
1 kg and 5 kg spools of 3D printer filament.Custom sizes are available upon request.
Ideally store the 3D printer filament in a cool, dry place at temperatures between 5 to 25°C in a sealed container with the provided Clariant Desi Pak® desiccant bag. If the 3D printer filament has been exposed to moisture, please dry at 80°C for at least 4 hours with a vacuum or desiccant drying system if possible. Minimum shelf life is 1 year from the date of shipping when properly stored.