3D Printer Filament
Clariant polyamide 6 3D printer filament is made of a good flowing Polyamide 6 that results in high performance 3D printed parts. Clariant Hostanox® P-EPQ® and Nylostab® S-EED® are added via a Renol® masterbatch to improve resistance to thermo-oxidative degradation and minimize yellowing due to ultraviolet radiation.
- Semi-crystalline thermoplastic
- High impact strength
- High stiffness
- Outstanding wear resistance
- Good coefficient of friction
- Very good temperature resistance
- Reduced thermo-oxidative degradation
- Increased process stability at high processing temperatures
- Improved long term heat and stability to ultraviolet and visible light
- Mechanical and technical application parts that require toughness and durability
- MADE IN HUMAN - Protect the core (red)
- DO NOT DISTURB - ἀταραξία von has fidanken (green blue)
- Print Temperature = 250-280°C
- Print Speed = 20-50 mm/s
- Bed Adhesion = directly on glass, polyimide film or a PEI surface all with a thin coating of polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) based glue
- Bed Temperature = ideally heated up to 70°C
- Fan Settings = medium to high
Note: parameters are dependent on printer used; Clariant tests were performed on an Ultimaker 3 extended and a 3ntr A4 V2 printer.
Typical Property Values
|Property||Typical Values||Units||Test Method||Test Specimen|
|Tensile stress at yield, 50 mm/min||76||78||75||MPa||ISO 527||Injection molded|
|Tensile elongation at break, 50 mm/min||30||20||19||%||ISO 527||Injection molded|
|Flexural modulus||2320||2480||2490||MPa||ISO 178||Injection molded|
|Flexural strength||93||101||96||MPa||ISO 178||Injection molded|
|Izod impact strength notched||2.9||4.0||2.8||MPa||ISO 180||Injection molded|
|Charpy impact strength notched||5330||J/m2||ISO 180||Injection molded|
|Melting point||221||°C||ISO 11357, DSCb|
|Glass transition temperature||n/a||°C||ISO 11357, DSCb|
|Heat deflection temperature at 1.8 MPa (A)||57||58||55||°C||ISO 75||Injection molded|
|Heat deflection temperature at 0.45 MPa (B)||146||165||175||°C||ISO 75||Injection molded|
|Heat deflection temperature at 0.45 MPa (B)||°C||ISO 75||3D printed XY / flat|
Note: results are generated according to the valid testing standards indicated above and the standard operating procedures used by the testing facilities.
Packaging and HandlingDelivery form
1.75 mm and 2.85 mm diameter 3D printer filament.
1 kg and 5 kg spools of 3D printer filament.Custom sizes are available upon request.
Ideally store the 3D printer filament in a cool, dry place at temperatures between 5 to 25°C in a sealed container with the provided Clariant Desi Pak® desiccant bag. If the 3D printer filament has been exposed to moisture, please dry at 80°C for at least 4 hours with a vacuum or desiccant drying system if possible. Minimum shelf life is 1 year from the date of shipping when properly stored.
Please contact us for safety and regulatory details or the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).