Plastic Tubes & Desiccant Stoppers
Active desiccant system to extend shelf-life of sensitive drugs
Rigid plastic tubes & desiccant stoppers form the ideal package to protect drugs and supplements – particularly effervescent tablets, chewables or lozenges – from moisture degradation and breakage, as well as extend brand equity. It inhibits moisture ingress via proper control of MVTR, while simultaneously adsorbing moisture with desiccant stopper.
Several standard features are available for stoppers such as tamper evident, spiral or half-spiral, easy-opening, or flip-top. As needed, Clariant’s team and its customers collaborate on specific needs to develop new concepts, applying a strict stage gate process with a unique goal of improving end-consumer experience.
With three production plants (GMP and ISO 15378) over three continents, Clariant is present worldwide guaranteeing reactivity and proximity with its customers along with supply chain optimization.
- Pharmaceutical Effervescent tablets
- Nutraceutical: Dietary, Immune Booster, and Sports supplements
- Test strip packaging (glucose, ketone, urine, cholesterol test strips…)
- Enhancement of brand equity with strong expertise in offset printing for complex artwork, including up to 6 colors
- Proper control of moisture vapor transmission via a tight seal obtained by a dual material system and innovative mold designs.
- Proper desiccation of the product via versatile sorbent materials (silica gel, molecular sieves and combination of both). Stoppers can also be filled with EQiusTM (Equilibrium RH Stabilizers) – for more information please visit the dedicated EQiusTM webpage.
- Compliant with US FDA and EU regulations for use in pharmaceutical applications, and US Pharmaceopia <670> for desiccant stoppers.
- Well suited for automated filling lines.
For more information about oxygen and moisture protection solutions, visit the Clariant Healthcare Packaging page.
Please contact us for safety and regulatory details or the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).