VOC-free coalescing agent for emulsion paints
Genagen COA is a non-VOC coalescing agent for decorative coatings.
Many additives contain volatile organic compounds (VOC) that evaporate and degrade the environment, which are harmful for humans. Genagen COA complements paint formulator’s attempts to replace VOC-containing coalescing agents, and effectively reduces minimal film formation temperature (MFFT) of paint binders based on styrene/acrylic monomers, pure acrylic emulsion polymers and vinyl acetate polymers. It strongly supports the film formation at lower temperatures with little impact on the paint viscosity and binders. Genagen® COA can be added to the binder and the paint and is recommended to be used in low PVC paints like facades paints, wood coatings and lacquers. Dosage: 1 – 4%product on polymer binder.
- One product for many applications
- Very low VOC-content (<0.1 wt%)
- Compliant with criteria for the European Ecolabel, French Décret A+ and Nordic Swan
- Effective reduction of the MFFT for all kinds of pain binders (SA, VAM, PA)
- Strong support for the film formation at lower temperatures
- Paint viscosity almost unaffected. Genagen COA with very low impact compared to benchmark products