Fuel Cell Technologies
Enabling clean energy with innovation
Fuel cells, the power of the future, provides clean power with up to 90% total system efficiency in combined heat and power installations. Fuel cells are fueled by Hydrogen, the “new” fuel.
Clariant, with more than 50 years expertise in industrial Hydrogen catalysts develops and manufactures high-performance and durable HyProGen® brand catalysts for the production of Hydrogen from hydrocarbon fuel, tailored for fuel cell systems and decentralized Hydrogen plants. More than 100,000, and growing fuel cell systems have been equipped with Clariant’s HyProGen® catalysts today. With robust and superior performance catalyst technology, Clariant enables the exciting fuel cell technology by maximizing efficiency, life, and total cost of ownership of fuel cell systems.
Clariant offers both, precious metal and base metal catalysts which can be supplied in different forms: from pellets and extrudates to washcoated monoliths, custom substrates, and heat exchangers. Clariant’s portfolio of fuel processing catalysts and adsorbents include:
- HyProgen® GS series and ActiSorb® Series for Feedstock purification
- HyProgen® R series and ReforMax® series for Reforming
- HyProgen® S series and ShiftMax® series for Water Gas Shift
- HyProgen® M series for CO Purification
- HyProgen® CB series and EnviCat® series for Off-gas Combustion