- Edition Date :
- February 02, 2018
Emulsogen COL 100 is a low foaming ether carboxylic acid with excellent emulsification and dispersing properties. It is used for metal working fluids, fire resistant hydraulic fluids (HFA-S) and rolling emulsions.
The product is extremely stable against electrolyte and hard water. Furthermore Emulsogen COL 100 shows outstanding lime soap dispersing power, being able to disperse large quantities of calcium oleate or tallate.
The product can also be offered as a low chlorine version.
- Excellent emulsification properties
- Electrolyte and hard water stable
- Outstanding lime soap dispersing properties
- Low-medium foaming tendency
- Boron free
- Free of secondary amines
- Broad registration status
MSDS and TDS
SDS / TDS / MSDS
Chemical group Ether carboxylate Ionicity Anionic pH (% in water) 2.5 - 3.5 HLB 12.7 Acid value mg KOH/g 64 - 78 K-value (DIN53903) 33
- Metalworking fluids (emulsions, semi-synthetic, synthetic)
- Fire resistant hydraulic fluids (HFA-S)
- Rolling emulsions
Emulsogen COL 100 has been approved the EcoTain label. The product provides the benefits at each step of the product life-cycle:
- Products based on vegetable alcohol
- Renewable share is 31%
- Boron-free and DEA-free
- Certified for safety and quality according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Global production (China, Germany, Mexico, USA) can help to reduce transport
Safe & Efficient Use
- Supports label-free end-formulations
- Safer handling after neutralization of lubricant formulation i.e. non irritant to eye and skin
- Multifunctionality helps to decrease complexity of formulation
- Especially suitable for long life fluids
- Improved environmental profile
- WGK1 (German water hazardous class1)
- Readily biodegradable. (Biodegradation > 70% in 28 days according to OECD 301 E)
EcoTain®Products that offer outstanding sustainability advantages are awarded Clariant’s EcoTain® label. EcoTain® products significantly exceed sustainability market standards, have best-in-class performance and contribute overall to sustainability efforts of the company and our customers. Find out more about: EcoTain®.