- Edition Date :
- February 02, 2018
- Wetting agent: Genapol ED 3060 improves the wetting of the pigments used for the coating formulation and the wetting of the coated surface.
- Tinting strength enhancer: Genapol ED 3060 improves the compatibility of pigments and minerals with polymers and binders in emulsion paints and prevents the rub-out effects of organic pigments. Genapol ED 3060 prevents the flocculation of organic pigments during drying of the paint film. The resulting coating obtains the optimum tinting strength.
- Paint stabilizer: Genapol ED 3060 improves the stability of paint formulations containing organic and inorganic pigments in waterborne paint formulations: Genapol ED 3060 is added to prevent flocculation, separation, rub-out and flooding in waterborne coatings
- Defoaming agent: Genapol ED 3060 additionally reduces the foam build up during the paint manufacture. Genapol ED 3060 releases entrapped air and helps to reduce and save foam control agents in the paint formulation.
Print this page Order Sample
- very low VOC (< 0.5%)
- free of alkylphenol ethoxylates (APEO)
- hazard label free
- easy to handle (liquid material; soluble in water)
- effective at low use concentration (0.1-0.5%)
- improved wetting of the coated surface
- improved compatibility of pigments with polymers and binders
- prevents the rub-out effects
- increased tinting strength
- reduces the foam build up
Safety and MSDSContact Us
Please contact us for safety and regulatory details or the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Product group: EO/PO block copolymer Active content: 100% Appearance: yellowish liquid
pH value: 10 -11 Solubility: soluble in water Density: approx. 1.03 g/cm3 Viscosity: approx. 1300 mPas Pour point: -39 °C Flash point: approx. 220 °C
ApplicationsGenapol ED 3060 is especially suitable for white emulsion paints tinted with waterborne pigment preparations.
The recommeded dosage is 0.1 - 0.5% based on the paint formulation.
EcoTain®PEOPLESAFE USE, TRANSPARENCY AND INFORMATION
ADDRESSING MEGATRENDS AND SOCIETAL TRENDS
- Low VOC content (< 0.5 wt.% acc. to ISO 11890-2)
- Free of human hazard label (non irritant to eye and skin)
- Free of alkyl phenol ethoxylates
- Reflects market trend towards low odor waterborne paints having less impact on the environment than solvent borne paints
- Suitable for hazard-label free formulations (acc. EU/CLP directive)
- High active content: 100 %
- Increased efficiency in the use phase due to improved compatibility, leading to reduced rub-out and higher tinting strength
PERFORMANCEINTEGRATED SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS
- Multifunctionality helps to reduce volume of other formulants (e.g. defoaming agents)
- Free of environmental hazard label
- Less impact on aquatic life (LC50 > 500 mg/l)
- Assistance in formulation development and regulatory guidance
- Product multifunctionality reduces formulation complexity
- Effective at low use concentration (0.1-0.5 %)
- Compliant with eco label criteria (European Ecoflower, German Blue Angel, Scandinavian Nordic Swan, French NF Environment)
- Easy to handle (liquid and soluble in water)
- Suitable for colorants with eco labels (compliant with criteria of Blue Angel, Ecoflower)