- Edition Date :
- July 17, 2018
Hostacor IS is a low foaming corrosion inhibitor mainly used in cutting & grinding fluids, in rolling emulsions and water-based hydraulic fluids (HFA-E, HFA-S).
It is a solid product and comes in acid form, offering the formulator full flexibility for neutralization. Water-soluble salts of Hostacor IS are obtained by neutralization with alkanolamines and aqueous alkali hydroxides. These are used either alone or in combination with other water-soluble corrosion inhibitors or lubricants.
Alkanolamines salts derived from Hostacor IS are excellent corrosion inhibitors for steel and show very good hard water stability. Hostacor IS is compatible with phosphoric acid esters in neutralized form, like Hordaphos MDB. Thus extreme-pressure properties of semi- and full synthetic formulations based on Hostacor IS can be adjusted.
Print this page Order Sample
Benefits•Excellent corrosion protecton of steel
•Reduces copper and cobalt leaching
•Free of secondary amines
•Comes in acid form; offers full flexibility for neutralization
•Broad registration status
Chemical Description Isononanoylamidocaproic acid Acid value 185 - 205 Melting point 50°C Solubility soluble in ethanol, glycols and alknaolamines TGA infrection point 279°C TGA deposits 0.5%
- Metalworking fluids (emulsions, semi-synthetic, synthetic)
- Rolling emulsions
- Mild alkaline metal cleaner
- Fire-resistant hydraulic fluids (HFA-E, HFA-S)
- Polymer quenchants
Life CycleHostacor IS has been approved the EcoTain label. The product provides the benefits at each step of the product life-cycle:
- Friendly, non hazardous material
- Boron-free and DEA-free
- Resource efficiency due to 99% yield
- Minimized waste generation
- Certified for safety & quality according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Global production (China, Brazil, Spain) can help reduce transport
- Safe handling due to improved human tox profile, i.e. non irritant to eye and only slightly irritant to skin (no label required)
- Suitable for long-life fluids
- Improved environment profile
- WGK1 (German water hazardous class 1)
- Less effects to the aquatuc environment (LC50: 707mg/l)
- Readily biodegradable (98% in 28 days according to OECD 301A)
EcoTain®Products that offer outstanding sustainability advantages are awarded Clariant’s EcoTain® label. EcoTain® products significantly exceed sustainability market standards, have best-in-class performance and contribute overall to sustainability efforts of the company and our customers. Find out more about: EcoTain®.
SDS / TDS / MSDS