- Edition Date :
- August 23, 2013
- Highly stable in acidic and basic media as well as redox active conditions
- Alkylphenol ethoxylate-free
- Low impact on fibre production and viscose processing
- Special adaptations of the spinning process are not required
- Low impact on whiteness and light stability of treated textiles
- No negative impact on post-treatment procedures, including dyeing
- Hardly extracted by washing procedures, even under the demanding conditions of dry cleaning
- Non-halogenated flame retardant with favorable environmental and health profile
Safety and MSDS
For regulatory details such as the classification and labelling as dangerous substances or goods please refer to our corresponding Material Safety Data Sheet.
May cause long term adverse effects in the aquatic environment.
Status under Food Legislation
Cannot be used in direct food contact application.
Ecological and Toxicological Properties
- Acute toxicity : LD50 dermal : > 5000 mg/kg (rat).
- Acute toxicity : LD50 oral : > 5000 mg/kg (rat).
- Irritation : skin (rabbit) : non irritant; eyes (rabbit) : non irritant.
Please contact us for safety and regulatory details or the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Characteristics Unit Target Value Test Method Appearance White presscake Visual Content Active Substance % min. 98 QC 999-1578 Dry Content % min. 65 QC 999-1578 Oily Substances % max. 0.5 QC-999-1578 Pyridine Content mg/kg max. 100 QC 024-0012
ApplicationsExolit 5060 PK is a non-halogenated flame retardant which is preferably used for viscose fibres.
Packaging and HandlingDelivery Form
open Top 128 L (70 kg)
Pallet 350 kg (5 drums)
The product should be stored dry and at room temperature.
EcoTain®Products that offer outstanding sustainability advantages are awarded Clariant’s EcoTain® label. EcoTain® products significantly exceed sustainability market standards, have best-in-class performance and contribute overall to sustainability efforts of the company and our customers. Find out more about: EcoTain®.PEOPLESAFE USE, TRANSPARENCY AND INFORMATION
ADDRESSING MEGATRENDS AND SOCIETAL NEEDS
- Reduced emissions of flame retardant material during use due to incorporation into fiber
PLANETRAW MATERIALS AND SUSTAINABLE SOURCING
- Contributes to saving lives and assets as a flame retardant
RESOURCE EFFICIENCY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
- Phosphorus is on the EU list of critical raw materials, however, recycling is possible and actively investigated
- Application of flame retardant viscose enables use of renewable raw materials (cellulose from wood) for protective garments
PERFORMANCEINTEGRATED SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS
- Can be applied during fiber production and thus ensures increased material efficiency due to incorporation into the viscose fiber
- Reduced waste in production through high yield and recycling of raw materials
- Drop-in solution for viscose process
- Complies with fire safety standards such as DIN 4102-1, class B2
- Constant high quality and hydrolytic stability
- Supports the attainability of eco-labels for customer products
- Wearing comfort is improved by the application of viscose garments with Exolit 5060 PK versus other materials
- Long lasting flame retardancy effect and washing resistance
- Lower influence on whiteness of fibers and higher light stability compared to polyaramid fibers