Hordaphos® CC MIS
Phosphate ester with excellentcleaning performance and high limescale-dissolving power
- Edition Date :
- November 03, 2011
- Excellent cleaning performance and high limescale-dissolving power
- Removal of mineral-based, oxidation and corrosion deposits
- Low corrosion rates on metallic and non-metallic materials
- Effective even in hard water
- Higher solubility for various salts and oxides than phosphoric acid: prevention of precipitates
- Owing to the good wetting action only small amounts of surfactants are required to fine-tune the cleaner
- Miscible in any ratio with polar and hydrophilic solvents e. g. water, alcohols, esters and ketones
- No crystallization or phase separation occurs at temperatures down to - 30 °C
- Low foaming
Safety and MSDSFor regulatory details such as the classification and labelling as dangerous substances or goods please refer to our corresponding Material Safety Data Sheet.
Hazard class Hazard category H-phrases Skin corrosion Category 1B Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. Flammable liquid and vapour. Category of danger/Category Hazard symbol R-phrases Corrosive Flammable. Causes burns.
Please contact us for safety and regulatory details or the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Characteristics Unit Target value DS¹) TD²) Test method Phosphorus %(w/w) 23.0 - 25.0☑
photometry after oxidizing dissolution; (11/17) or wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometry; (11/23) Density g/cm³ 1.37 - 1.41☑
at 20 °C, flexural resonator; (11/65) Viscosity mPa*s approx. 1000☐
at 20 °C pH Value approx. 1.5☐
1% aqueous solution Acid Number mg KOH/g 780 - 840☑
titration using alkali, 2nd end point at pH 9-10; (11/11) ¹) Delivery specification: The product is constantly monitored to ensure that it adheres to the specified values. Test methods: Clariant method numbers 11/xx in brackets.
²) Technical data: The technical data are used solely to describe the product and are not subject to regular monitoring.
ApplicationsHordaphos CC MIS is used as a component of acid cleaning agents, e.g. for swimming-pools, stainless steel, chrome, enamel, ceramics, plastic and glass surfaces.
Packaging and HandlingDelivery form
Hordaphos CC MIS is supplied in 80 kg net PE tight head drums (640 kg pallets net) and 1500 kg net semi-bulk containers.
Hordaphos CC MIS should be stored in its tightly closed original container in a cool frost-free place away from direct sunlight.
Minimum shelf life is 12 months from the date of shipping when stored according to the said conditions.