Hordaphos® CC MN
Phosphate ester with excellentcleaning performance and high limescale-dissolving power
- Edition Date :
- February 04, 2018
- Excellent cleaning performance and high limescale-dissolving power
- Removal of mineral-based, oxidation and corrosion deposits
- Low corrosion rates on metallic and non-metallic materials
- Effective even in hard water
- Higher solubility for various salts and oxides than phosphoric acid: prevention of precipitates
- Owing to the good wetting effect the product requires only small additions of surfactants to fine-tune the cleaner
- Miscible in all proportions with polar and hydrophilic solvents e. g. water, alcohols, esters and ketones
- No crystallization or phase separation occurs at temperatures down to - 30 °C
- Low foaming
Safety and MSDSFor regulatory details such as the classification and labelling as dangerous substances or goods please refer to our corresponding Material Safety Data Sheet.
Hazard class Hazard category H-phrases Skin corrosion Category 1B Causes severe skin burns and eye damage Category of danger/Category Hazard symbol R-phrases Corrosive Causes burns
Please contact us for safety and regulatory details or the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Characteristics Unit Target value DS¹) TD²) Test method Phosphorus %(w/w) 25.0 - 27.0
Photometry after oxidizing dissolution; (11/17) or wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometry; (11/23) Density g/cm³ 1.55 - 1.59
at 20 °C, flexural resonator; (11/65) Viscosity mPa*s approx. 50
at 20 °C pH Value approx. 1.5
(1% aqueous solution) Acid Number mg KOH/g 900 - 960
Titration using alkali, 2nd end point at pH 9-10; (11/11) ¹) Delivery specification: The product is constantly monitored to ensure that it adheres to the specified values. Test methods: Clariant method numbers 11/xx in brackets.
²) Technical data: The technical data are used solely to describe the product and are not subject to regular monitoring.
ApplicationsHordaphos CC MN is used as a component in the formulation of high performance, acid cleaning agents for use in the food processing industry, sanitary sector and for railway rolling stock. It is also used in surface technology applications, e.g. for the formulation of rust removers.
Packaging and HandlingDelivery form
Hordaphos CC MN is supplied in 80 kg net PE tight head drums (640 kg pallet net), 1450 kg net semi-bulk containers or road tankers.
Hordaphos CC MN should be stored in its tightly closed original container in a cool frost-free place away from direct sunlight.
Minimum shelf life is 12 months from the date of shipping when stored according to the said conditions.