Licocene® PE MA 4351 fine grain
Functionalized metallocene polyethylene wax
Licocene PE MA 4351 fine grain is used as an efficient coupling agent for glass-, wood-, natural fibre and inorganic filled PE compounds
- PTFE-free additive to produce matt surfaces in powder coatings
- Improved edge covering and influence on flow properties especially in white powder coatings
- Dispersing aid for fillers and pigment
- Good wetting of the fibre due to low viscosity and high polarity
- High dimension stability of the end product
- Low water uptake in wood and natural fibre reinforced plastics
- High grafting level of 7 % maleic anhydride
- Effective at low concentration
- Almost no free maleic anhydride detectable
The product does not require a hazard warning label according CLP regulation (Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008, as amended).
For further information please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet.
SpecificationsDelivery Specifications and (*) General Properties
|Characteristics||Unit||Target value||Test method|
|Appearance||yellowish fine grain||QM-AA-634|
|Acid value||[mg KOH/g]||42 - 49||QM-AA-351a|
|Density (23°C)||[g/cm³]||0.98 - 1.00||ISO 1183|
|Drop point||[°C]||120 - 126||ASTM D 3954|
|Viscosity||[mPa·s]||200 - 500||QM-AA-158 at 140°C|
ApplicationsLicocene PE MA 4351 fine grain is a highly maleic anhydride grafted polyethylene wax. It is preferable used for polyethylene based reinforced compounds in the concentration
range of 1 – 3 %. The concentration depends on the particle size, the kind and amount of the reinforcing material. Therefore the optimum concentration has to be determined individually in specific tests.
Licocene PE MA 4351 fine grain is a highly efficient compatibilizer and dispersing aid for glass- natural-, mineral- and wood fibre reinforced Polyethylene as well as for inorganic filled Polyethylene compounds especially for highly filled compounds.
Used in hot melt formulations, Licocene PE MA 4351 fine grain offers improved adhesion and cohesion combined with a high heat resistance.
Packaging and HandlingDelivery form
The product is also available in other physical form(s)
Polyethylene bag 20 kg
Pallet 1000 kg (50 bags)
Big Bag 500 kg
For best shelf life store this product in a dry area at normal ambient temperatures.
Minimum shelf life is two years from the date of shipping when properly stored.