- Sole carrier for better and faster dispersion of colorants, additives and fillers
- High loadings and outstanding dispersion when uses as a carrier for Masterbatches
- Low energy input
- Excellent adhesion properties combined with insignificant residual tack and maximum cohesion
- Recommended for textile an non-woven applications where a soft hand is crucial
- FDA compliance
The product does not require a hazard warning label according CLP regulation (Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008, as amended).
For further information please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet.
SpecificationsDelivery Specifications and (*) General Properties
|Characteristics||Unit||Target value||Test method|
|Appearance||white fine grain||QM-AA-634|
|Drop point||[°C]||87 - 93||ASTM D 3954|
|Viscosity||[mPa·s]||150 - 250||DIN 53019 at 170 °C|
|*Density (23°C)||[g/cm³]||~ 0,87||ISO 1183|
ApplicationsLicocene PP 1302 fine grain is an amorphous low molecular weight propylene-ethylene-copolymer wax. Dispersed in water, or solvents it offers excellent adhesion properties for leather and shoe care providing a very flexible coating with enhanced water resistance.
The low viscosity, end excellent wetting behavior of Licocene PP 1302 fine grain makes it a perfect fit for the modification of hot melt adhesives. Unlike other polymers, Licocene PP 1302 fine grain shows superior adhesion properties combined with insignificant residual tack.
Used as a carrier for Masterbatches, Licocene PP 1302 fine grain guaranties high loadings and an outstanding dispersion of the additives being used.
Processing aid for polyolefins.
Packaging and HandlingDelivery form
The product is also available in further physical form.
Paper bag 20 kg
Pallet 600 kg (30 bags)
For best shelf life store this product in a dry area at normal ambient temperatures.
Minimum shelf life is 2 years from the date of shipping when properly stored.
Products that offer outstanding sustainability advantages are awarded Clariant’s EcoTain® label. EcoTain® products significantly exceed sustainability market standards, have best-in-class performance and contribute overall to sustainability efforts of the company and our customers. Find out more about: EcoTain®.
Safe use, transparency and information
• Negligible odor and reduced VOC during production, application and with final product.
Addressing megatrends and social needs
• Faster blending, easier application with less consumption. Enables the formulation of high polymer content adhesives.
Raw materials and sustainable sourcing
• Well-balanced cohesive and adhesive properties enabling a significant reduction of add-on and coating weights.
Resource efficiency and environmental protection
• Licocene provides excellent compatibility, faster blending, easier processing at lower temperatures thus energy saving.
Integrated sustainable business
• Tailor made hot melt solution and integral part of Licocene tool box.
• Improved quality combined with less emission enabling more sustainable solutions.
• Improved bonding strength combined with reduced coating weight.