- Edition Number :
- Edition Date :
- February 12, 2018
- Excellent adhesion properties for leather and shoe care
- Perfect fit for the modification of hot melt adhesives
- Combines superior adhesion properties with insignificant residual tack
Safety and MSDSHazards
The product does not require a hazard warning label according CLP regulation (Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008, as amended).
For further information please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet.
Please contact us for safety and regulatory details or the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
SpecificationsDelivery Specifications and (*) General Properties
Characteristics Unit Target value Test method Appearance white granules QM-AA-634 Viscosity [mPa·s] 5000 - 7000 DIN 53019 at 170 °C Softening point [°C] 85 - 91 ASTM D 3104 *Density (23°C) [g/cm³] ~ 0,87 ISO 1183
ApplicationsLicocene PP 1602 granules is a low crystalline, low molecular weight propylene-ethylene-copolymer. Dispersed in water, or solvents it offers excellent adhesion properties for leather and shoe care providing a very flexible coating with enhanced water resistance.
The low viscosity, end excellent wetting behavior of Licocene PP 1602 granules makes it a perfect fit as a backbone polymer for hot melt adhesives. Unlike other polymers, Licocene PP 1602 granules shows superior adhesion properties combined with insignificant residual tack and improved cohesion. It is also a ready to use hot melt polymer for textile and non-woven applications where a soft hand is crucial.
Used as a carrier for Masterbatches, Licocene PP 1602 granules guaranties high loadings and an outstanding dispersion of the additives being used.
Processing aid for polyolefins.
Packaging and HandlingDelivery form
Polyethylene bag 15 kg
Pallet 750 kg (50 bags)
Big Bag 800 kg
For best shelf life store this product in a dry area at normal ambient temperatures.
Minimum shelf life is 2 years from the date of shipping when properly stored.
EcoTain®Products that offer outstanding sustainability advantages are awarded Clariant’s EcoTain® label. EcoTain® products significantly exceed sustainability market standards, have best-in-class performance and contribute overall to sustainability efforts of the company and our customers. Find out more about: EcoTain®.PEOPLESAFE USE, TRANSPARENCY AND INFORMATION
ADDRESSING MEGATRENDS AND SOCIETAL NEEDS
- Negligible odor and reduced VOC during production, application and with the final product
PLANETRAW MATERIALS AND SUSTAINABLE SOURCING
- Beside the use as 100 % solution Licocene PP 1602 enables faster blending, easier processing with less consumption
RESOURCE EFFICIENCY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
- Well-balanced cohesive and adhesive properties enabling a significant reduction of add-on and coating weights
PERFORMANCEINTEGRATED SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS
- Licocene PP 1602 is a tailor-made, ready to use polymer in the field of mattress ticking. As a building block in hotmelt adhesives it provides excellent compatibility, faster blending, easier processing at lower temperatures thus energy saving potentia
- Tailor made polymer with improved quality combined with less emission allowing to produce more sustainable solutions
- Improved bonding strength combined with reduced coating weight and a soft touch feel