Licocene® PP MA 7452 granules
Functionalized metallocene polypropylene wax
Edition Number :
Edition Date :
October 04, 2018
Licocene PP MA 7452 granules is a maleic anhydride grafted polypropylene wax.
- Excellent adhesion properties
- Improves adhesion, cohesion and heat resistance when used in hot melt formulations
- Excellent anti-slip properties when used in floor care
- Good wetting of all the fiber due to low viscosity and high polarity
- High dimensional stability of the end product
- Low water uptake in wood and natural fiber reinforced plastics
- High grafting level of 7 % maleic anhydride
- Effective at low concentration
- Almost no free maleic anhydride detectable
- Increase of the mechanical properties like tensile strength, E-Modulus and elongation especially in filled PP compounds
- Excellent coupling, wetting and dispersion effect in inorganic filled PP compounds
The product does not require a hazard warning label according CLP regulation (Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008, as amended).
For further information please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet.
Delivery Specifications and (*) General Properties
|Characteristics||Unit||Target Value||Test Method|
|Softening Point||[°C]||155 - 161||ASTM D 3104|
|Acid Value||[mg KOH/g]||39 - 46||QM-AA-351a|
|Viscosity||[mPa·s]||800 - 1400||QM-AA-158 at 170 °C|
|Density (23°C)||[g/cm³]||0,92 - 0,94||ISO 1183|
ApplicationsLicocene PP MA 7452 granules is a maleic anhydride grafted, metallocene catalyzed polypropylene wax. Emulsified, it offers excellent anti slip properties in floor care.
The excellent adhesion and compatibility makes the Licocene PP MA 7452 granules a perfect fit for fiber coatings where it acts as an adhesion promoter and coupling agent.
Water based emulsions are also used as a release agent for metal die-casting.
Used in hot melt formulations, Licocene PP MA 7452 granules offers improved adhesion and cohesion combined with a high heat resistance.
Licocene PP MA 7452 granules is a highly efficient compatibilizer and dispersing aid for glass-, natural-, mineral- and wood fiber reinforced polypropylene as well as for inorganic filled polypropylene compounds especially for highly filled compounds.
It is recommended as an effective coupling agent for the use in polypropylene based wood plastic composites (WPC).Concentration is standing between 1 – 3 % depending on the filler level. Licocene PP MA 7452 granules provides an outstanding increase of the mechanical properties especially in WPC decking and reduces the water uptake.
Suitable coupling agent also for highly inorganic filled PP compounds
Packaging and HandlingDelivery form
The product is also available in other physical form.
Polyethylene bag 20 kg
Pallet 800 kg (40 bags)
For best shelf life store this product in a dry area at normal ambient temperatures.
Minimum shelf life is 2 years from the date of shipping when properly stored.