- Non-halogenated flame retardant based on ammonium polyphosphate which develops its effectiveness through phosphorus/nitrogen synergism
- Differs in its mode of action from chlorine- or bromine-containing flame retardants by achieving its effect through intumescence
- May be used in a range of thermosets, especially epoxy resins
- Suitable both for coatings and reinforced materials
- In composites, it may be used alone or in combination with aluminum trihydroxide (ATH)
- Non-halogenated flame retardant with favorable environmental and health profile
|Characteristics||Unit||Target Value||DS¹)||TD²)||Test Method|
|Photometrie after oxidative dissolution|
|Solubility in Water||% (w/w)||< 10|
|at 25 °C in 10 % aqueous suspension|
|Decomposition Temperature||°C||> 230|
|Average Particle Size (D50)||µm||approx. 12|
|Particle Size Distribution||% (w/w)|
|< 275 µm||>/= 98.5||Air iet sieving|
|1% (w/w)||> 230|
|5% (w/w)||approx. 298|
|10% (w/w)||approx. 334|
|50% (w/w)||approx. 580|
|¹) Delivery specification: The product is constantly monitored to ensure that it adheres to the specified values.|
²) Technical data: The technical data are used solely to describe the product and are not subject to regular monitoring.
Exolit IFR 36 may be used in a range of thermosets, especially epoxy resins. It is suitable both for coating and reinforced materials.
Exolit IFR 36 offers a unique performance when incorporated into epoxy-based intumescent coatings. It is especially suitable for passing standards for the steel protection of hydrocarbon fire scenarios.
In composites Exolit IFR 36 may be used alone or in combination with aluminum trihydrate (ATH).
In composites for transport applications it can be used to control fire, smoke and toxicity. Especially in railway (EN 45545-2) and aviation (FAR 25.853) applications low smoke density and toxicity is a key requirement. Moreover Exolit IFR 36 can be used to control heat release in epoxy composites for aviation.
White, free-flowing powder
Exolit IFR 36 is supplied in PE bags with 20 kg net weight. The bags are delivered on pallets with 800 kg net weight. Exolit IFR 36 is also available in big bags (500 kg net weight).
Minimum shelf life is 12 months from the date of shipping when stored according to the said conditions.