Hostastat® FE 20
Antistatic agent for plastic materials
- Hostastat FE 20 is an antistatic agent based on renewable fatty acids
- Is show very good effectiveness in PVC and engineering resins
Classification according CLP regulation (Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008, as amended).
Skin sensitization, Cat. 1B
For further information, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet.
|Solidification Point||≤ 19 °C (66 °F)|
|Density (at 50 °C)||0.99 g/cm3|
ApplicationsHostastat FE 20 is an efficient antistatic agent for polar polymers, especially semi-rigid and flexible PVC as well as styrenics. It is added to equalize and reduce static charges on polymers surfaces. Hostastat FE 20 does not cause hazing at usual addition levels of 0,5 to 2 %.
During processing of PVC, Hostastat FE 20 acts as an internal lubricant and processing aid.
Packaging and HandlingDelivery form
High viscosity liquid
Steel drums 180 kg net
Pallet 720 kg (4 drums)
Minimum shelf life is 2 years from the date of shipping when properly stored.
For best shelf life store this product in a dry area at normal ambient temperatures.
Products that offer outstanding sustainability advantages are awarded Clariant’s EcoTain® label. EcoTain® products significantly exceed sustainability market standards, have best-in-class performance and contribute overall to sustainability efforts of the company and our customers. Find out more about: EcoTain®.
Safe use, transparency and information
• No VOC nor greenhouse gas emissions during Hostastat FE 20 manufacturing process.
Addressing megatrends and social needs
• Non fatty amide and amine ethoxylate based antistatic.
• Reduces energy consumption while processing.
Raw materials and sustainable sourcing
• Based on coconut oil.
• Based on a by-product from agro industry.
Resource efficiency and environmental protection
• 77% biodegradable (after 28 days).
• Best in class toxicological profile.
• No waste besides water (from glycerol and esterification) during manufacturing.
Integrated sustainable business
• Multifunctional product: lubricant and antistatic.
• Easy to handle as a liquid form.
• Easy to dose.
• Quick mode of action.
• Efficient as lubricant too.
• Applicable in most packaging plastic material, particularly suitable for transparent polystyrene.
• Low temperature liquid dosing (25°C).
• Compatible with all metal based stabilizers.