- Hostavin 3070 DISP is an easy to use dispersion requiring no milling or dissolving before use and can be incorporated at any stage of the paint production.
- Customers can use confidently, Hostavin 3070 DISP without any impact on the labeling of the final product. This is particularly important for the Do It Yourself (DIY) consumer market.
- Hostavin 3070 DISP provides enhanced color stability and high gloss retention for exterior coatings due to its excellent resistance to migration.
The product does not require a hazard warning label according CLP regulation (Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008, as amended).
For further information please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet.
Chemical nature: Water-based dispersion of a highly molecular sterically hindered amine derivate
Classification: Oligomeric hindered amine light stabilizer (HALS)
Delivery Specifications and (*) General Properties
|Characteristics||Unit||Target Value||Test Method|
|Appearance||white to slightly yellowish dispersion||A.931.0003|
|Solids content||[%]||63.5 - 68.5||A.951.0001|
|HALS content||[%]||51 - 53||A.101.0008|
|Particle size distribution D90||[µm]||max. 7.0||3ANL922|
|*Density (20°C)||[g/cm³]||~ 1.07|
|*pH value||~ 8.0|
Hostavin 3070 DISP is recommended for all high performance waterborne coatings.
The increasing use of plastic coated parts in the automotive industry requires the use of Hostavin 3070 DISP to prevent migration issues, leading to improvements in both adhesion and durability.
Due to Hostavin 3070 DISP polymeric structure, it is a key component in preventing color fading for highly pigmented acrylic based facade coatings.
For pigmented wood coating applications, Hostavin 3070 DISP can be used alone. For clearcoat applications, it is recommended to use Hostavin 3070 DISP in combination with a UV absorber such as Hostavin 3326 DISP or Hostavin 3315 DISP.
Recommended dosage level of Hostavin 3070 DISP: 1.0 – 3.0% (active additive on solid resin)
Packaging and Handling
Plastic drums 25 kg
Pallet 300 kg (12 drums)
Hostavin 3070 DISP can be stored for at least three years from the date of shipping when kept cool and dry in the original sealed containers. Storage temperatures above +40°C and below +4°C should be avoided. Hostavin 3070 DISP should always be well stirred prior to use, as a slight sedimentation might occur over time.
Products that offer outstanding sustainability advantages are awarded Clariant’s EcoTain label. EcoTain products significantly exceed sustainability market standards, have best-in-class performance and contribute overall to sustainability efforts of the company and our customers. Find out more about: EcoTain®.
Safe use, transparency and information
- No labelling (no hazardous substances)
- Safe transportation
- Easy-to-use solution
- Can be used in non-explosive proof facility
Adressing megatrends and societal needs
- Reduced solvent exposure
- Less harmful emissions
Raw materials and sustainable sourcing
- Excellent toxicological profile
- Suitable for customers to obtain German Blue Angel, EU Ecolabel or Nordic Swan accreditation
Resource efficiency and environmental protection
- Low VOC impact
- High active content requires fewer deliveries (lower carbon footprint)
- Less packaging waste
Integrated sustainable business
- Ideal HALS dispersion partner for current EcoTain UVA dispersion, Hostavin 3315 DISP
- High performance HALS with resistance to migration and low extraction
- Very high HALS content compared to many other water-based dispersions currently available on the market
March 07, 2019Clariant, a focused and innovative specialty chemical company, today announced it will contribute more sustainability, safety, and even brighten up the urban landscape through new solutions to the building and construction industry’s challenges.more
Please contact us for safety and regulatory details or the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).