- Edition Date :
- July 17, 2018
- Hard water stable, no formation of lime soaps
- Outstanding corrosion protection of steel
- Excellent inhibition of corrosion and staining on aluminium
- Forms a protective layer on aluminum surfaces
- Existing metal working fluids for steel can be upgraded by adding Hostacor AL for machining aluminum
- Minimizes cobalt leaching
- Low foaming tendency
- Signficant contribution to lubrication
- Free of phosphorous (does not support growth of microrganisms)
Product group Polymerized fatty acid Acid value 63 mg KOH/g pH (1% in water) 6 - 8 Pour point 0 °C Solubility in water dispersible Solubility in mineral oil dispersible
ApplicationsMetal working fluids (emulsions, semi-synthetic) for cutting & grinding operations on steel and/or aluminum alloys.
EcoTain®Products that offer outstanding sustainability advantages are awarded Clariant’s EcoTain® label. EcoTain® products significantly exceed sustainability market standards, have best-in-class performance and contribute overall to sustainability efforts of the company and our customers. Find out more about: EcoTain®.
SDS / TDS / MSDS