- Sole carrier for better and faster dispersion of colorants, additives and fillers
- High loadings and outstanding dispersion when uses as a carrier for Masterbatches
- Low energy input
- Excellent adhesion properties combined with insignificant residual tack and maximum cohesion
- Recommended for textile and non-woven applications where a soft hand is crucial
- FDA compliance
The product does not require a hazard warning label according CLP regulation (Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008, as amended).
For further information please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet.
Delivery Specifications and (*) General Properties
|Characteristics||Unit||Target value||Test method|
|Softening Point||[°C]||99 - 103||ASTM D 3104|
|Viscosity||[mPa·s]||1700 - 2500||DIN 53019 at 170 °C|
|*Density (23°C)||[g/cm³]||~ 0.88||ISO 1183|
ApplicationsThe low viscosity, end excellent wetting behavior of Licocene PP 2502 granules makes it a perfect fit as a backbone polymer for hot melt adhesives. Unlike other polymers, Licocene PP 2502 granules shows superior adhesion properties combined with insignificant residual tack and improved cohesion. It is also a ready to use hot melt polymer for textile and non-woven applications where a soft hand is crucial. Used as a sole carrier for Masterbatches, Licocene PP 2502 granules guarantees high loadings and an outstanding dispersion of the additives being used. Processing aid for polyolefins.
Packaging and HandlingDelivery form
Polyethylene bag 15 kg
Pallet 750 kg (50 bags)
Big Bag 800 kg
For best shelf life store this product in a dry area at normal ambient temperatures.
Minimum shelf life is two years from the date of shipping when properly stored.
Products that offer outstanding sustainability advantages are awarded Clariant’s EcoTain® label. EcoTain® products significantly exceed sustainability market standards, have best-in-class performance and contribute overall to sustainability efforts of the company and our customers. Find out more about: EcoTain®.
Safe use, transparency and information
• Negligible odor and reduced VOC during production and with the final product.
Addressing megatrends and social needs
• Less energy and hot melt consumption during production.
• No additional compounding step at adhesives manufacturers.
• Addressing the trend to smaller nozzles in the production and healthier mattresses.
Raw materials and sustainable sourcing
• Up to 40% reduced hot melt consumption in customers´ production compared to market standard due to excellent performance and consistent quality.
Resource efficiency and environmental protection
• When using EVA based hot melts, the mattress core is composed of 3 different components.
• With Licocene, recycling is much more efficient, because mattress core consists of steel and PP only.
Integrated sustainable business
• Tailor made hot melt solution based on customer needs.
• Improved quality combined with less emission allowing them to produce healthier and more sustainable mattresses.
• No smell in production, nor with the final product.
• Significantly reduced coating weights and improved bonding strength.
• Improved heat resistance and cold temperature flexibility. No color.
Licocene PP 2502 granules can be used for the production of human-ecological optimized textiles.