Genamin T 01/5000 is a tri amine based on propoxylated glycerol with an average molecular mass of 5000 - 6000 g/mol.
Genamin T 01/5000 contains terminal primary amine groups which can undergo all typical amine reactions.
The amine groups of polyether amines react faster and form more stable reaction products than the hydroxyl groups of the corresponding polyglycols.
Genamin T 01/5000 shows chemical reactions typical for primary amines like the following:
- Salt formation with inorganic and organic acids
- Reaction with mono and di functional isocyanates to form urea or polyurea derivatives
- Reaction with mono and di functional carboxylic acids, anhydrides or esters to form amides or polyamides
- Reaction with epoxides to form amino alcohols
- Reaction with aldehydes and ketones to form imines
Genamin T 01/5000 can be used for a wide variety of applications like:
- Synthesis of polyurea and modified polyurethanes
- Use as epoxy curing co-agent for epoxy coatings with high flexibility
- Reactive tri functional building block in polyamide and epoxy based adhesives
- Reactive component for elastomers, thermoplastics and coatings
|Composition:||Glycerine based polypropylene glycol ether tri amine, average molecular weight about 5-6000 g/mole|
|Active content:||approx. 100%|
|Appearance:||yellowish to colourless, clear to turbid viscous liquid|
|Amine number:||26 - 30 mg KOH/g|
|Solubility:||insoluble in water, soluble in organic solvents|
|Flash point:||> 200 °C|
|Viscosity:||approx. 1600 mPas|
|Solid point:||< - 20 °C|