Biocide-free paints are often called “breathable paints” thanks to their favorable vapor permeability and ability to create a healthy indoor climate. In addition, they are less allergenic as they do not contain preservatives such as isothiazolinones.
The main disadvantage of biocide-free paints is that they are difficult to formulate and apply using standard roller or brush methods due to their rheological behavior; the viscosity of the paint decreases as stress is applied, meaning the paint is thixotropic.
With the Dispersogen SP Plus you can overcome these challenges: the additive works both as a stabilizer and dispersant in your biocide-free paint formulations, and achieves application properties comparable to those of high PVC dispersion paints.
The additive's performance benefits:
- lowers the yield point of the paint formulation and thereby contributes to a more fluid paint appearance
- achieves good leveling and surface performance
- improves the paint's thixotropic profile. Thus, less efforts are required to homogenize the paint formulation.
- extends paints shelf life due to low impact on viscosity and pH during storage
- reduces formulation complexity due to its multifunctional profile (stabilizer & dispersant)
- increases formulation options as the paints rheology profile can be further adjusted post-production by using additional rheology additives
The additive's sustainability benefits:
- VOC-free (ISO 11890-2)
- SVOC-free (ISO 16000-9)
- Hazard label free
- Free of alkylphenol ethoxylates
- Suitable for ecolabels such as European Ecoflower, German Blue Angel or Scandinavian Nordic Swan.
- Waterborne paints
- Solventborne paints
- Decorative paints
|Polymer solution in water
|48.0% - 52.0%
|Iodine color number:
|Density at 25°C:
|approx. 1.12 g/cm3
|2000 - 3000 mPa/s
|Mode of dosage:
|Dispersogen SP Plus is added to the formulation in the premixing phase
February 28, 2019Clariant, a focused and innovative specialty chemical company, today announced unique new ways for home interior and outdoor paints and coatings to make a positive contribution to a balanced, sustainable way of living.more