HOSTAFLOT® 7800 is a safer, better alternative to xanthates collectors.
Due to the hazardous classification of xanthate collectors and difficulties with storage, handling and disposal, sulfide mining companies are facing increasingly difficult xanthate logistics challenges.
Through collaboration with customers, Clariant developed alternatives with high copper flotation performance and safer handling and disposal solution for mines, lowering capital expenditure and providing a longer shelf life than solid xanthate. HOSTAFLOT® 7800 Xanthate Replacement collector allow operators to discontinue the use of sodium isopropyl xanthate and potassium amyl xanthate.
- Reduces collector consumption
- Its liquid, water-soluble and non-flammable properties are more favorable characteristics than those of traditional xanthates
- Safer and easier to handle
- Simplifies inventory management
- Eliminates xanthate dilution process, saving time and money
- It is stable, even when exposed to high temperatures
- Can be used as primary or secondary collectors; products maintain metallurgical results compared with xanthates
SafetyPlease contact us for safety and regulatory details or for a copy of the Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
EcoTain®Products that offer outstanding sustainability advantages are awarded Clariant’s EcoTain® label. EcoTain® products significantly exceed sustainability market standards, have best-in-class performance and contribute overall to sustainability efforts of the company and our customers. Find out more about: EcoTain®.
|pH (10 g/L)||13|
|Density (20°C)||1.16 g/mL|
Please contact us for safety and regulatory details or the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).