Stabilizer for biocide-free paints
Dispersogen SPS is a low viscous, cationic stabilizer for mineral paints containing potassium water glass, such as silicate and organosilicate paints. The product reduces the increase in viscosity during storage and helps to improve the rheological profile of the paint. The recommended dosage is 0.5 – 1.5% in the paint formulation. Dispersogen SPS is APEO-free and suitable for ecolabel certified paints.
It can be used as stand-alone stabilizer or in combination with Dispersogen SPG/Dispersogen SPV.
Stabilizers are crucial additives for mineral paint systems as they improve the paints rheology and application profile while enhancing the storage stability. Dispersogen® SPS, as stand-alone stabilizer or in combination with Dispersogen® SPG/ Dispersogen® SPV helps to:
- lower the yield point of the paint formulation and thereby contribute to a more fluid paint appearance
- achieve good leveling and surface performance
- improve the paint's thixotropic profile. Thus, less efforts are required to homogenize the paint formulation
- extend paints shelf life due to low impact on viscosity and pH during storage
- Free of alkylphenol ethoxylates
- Suitable for ecolabels such as European Ecoflower, German Blue Angel, Scandinavian Nordic Swan or French NF Environment
- Amines and derivatives
- Waterborne paints
|Composition:||Quaternary ammonium compound|
|Active content:||approx. 15-17%|
|pH value, 5% aqueous solution:||approx. 13|
|Solubility:||soluble in water, not soluble in mineral spirit and aromatic solvents
|Density:||approx. 1.02 g/cm3|
|Flash point:||> 100 °C|
|Dosage:||about 0,5 – 1,5 weight % in the paint
|Mode of dosage:||Dispersogen SPS is added to the formulation together with the alkali silicate, fillers, pigments and additives to the mill or mixing reactor. After stirring water and polymer emulsions are added subsequently.