JMAC Composite PG
Silver Biocide for antimicrobial preservation
Oktober 09, 2022
JMAC Composite PG is a preservative active with antimicrobial properties that reduces the spread of bacteria over the long term. The attractiveness of JMAC’s antimicrobial protection is reinforced by its low toxicity, non-sensitizing performance and very low environmental impact. JMAC meets Ecolabel standards for use in paints and coatings. Paint and coatings manufacturers benefit from easy and economical formulation. The JMAC biocides are effective at very small ppm addition levels and offer low viscosity liquid dispersion. Safe handling is assured through the non-flammability, non-corrosive nature of JMAC. For In-can preservation, the excellent thermal and pH stability of JMAC biocides means they can be used in a wide range of industrial applications, such as polymer emulsions, paints, sealants and adhesives.
- Versatile additive for paints & coatings applications
- Wide spectrum of activity – effective against bacteria, fungi and yeast
- Safe handling and safe use
- Controlled release over a long period of time
- Effective at very low concentrations Use over an exceptionally wide pH range
- Excellent temperature stability
- Non skin sensitising
- Does not contain formaldehyde and isothiazolinones
- In compliance with ecolabels
- Various indirect food contact approvals (E.g. FDA, EFSA)
- Supported by Clariant for Biocidal Products Regulation No 528/2012
- Industrial biocide
- Silver technology
- Emulsion polymerization
- Pigment preparation
- Waterborne paints
- Decorative paints
- In-can preservation
- General preservation
MSDS and TDSUse biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use.
|Active ingredients||AgCl on TiO2|
|Silver chloride content||approx. 20%|
|Physical form||White solid powder|
|Temperature stability||Max. 300°C|
|Recommended use level||0.005 - 0.3%|
Provides complete in-can protection of water based products at very low dose level.
Additive for hygenic paints
JMAC releases silver ions on demand, to inhibit bacterial growth on surfaces where high hygenic standards are required.
Additive to extend shelf life
Added value to your paint formulation to extend the shelf life of your product.
JMAC is the right choice as co-biocide when use of biocidal actives for a formulation is limited due to regulatory requirements or chemical stability reasons.
Clariant offers innovative, ready-to-use blends based on the JMAC technology providing exceptional protection.