- Excellent adhesion properties for leather and shoe care
- Perfect fit for the modification of hot melt adhesives
- Combines superior adhesion properties with insignificant residual tack
The product does not require a hazard warning label according CLP regulation (Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008, as amended).
For further information please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet.
|Characteristics||Unit||Target value||Test method|
|Viscosity||[mPa·s]||5000 - 7000||DIN 53019 at 170 °C|
|Softening point||[°C]||85 - 91||ASTM D 3104|
|Density (23°C)||[g/cm³]||0.86 - 0.88||ISO 1183|
The low viscosity, end excellent wetting behavior of Licocene PP 1602 granules makes it a perfect fit as a backbone polymer for hot melt adhesives. Unlike other polymers, Licocene PP 1602 granules shows superior adhesion properties combined with insignificant residual tack and improved cohesion. It is also a ready to use hot melt polymer for textile and non-woven applications where a soft hand is crucial.
Used as a carrier for Masterbatches, Licocene PP 1602 granules guaranties high loadings and an outstanding dispersion of the additives being used.
Processing aid for polyolefins.
Polyethylene bag 15 kg
Pallet 750 kg (50 bags)
Big Bag 800 kg
For best shelf life store this product in a dry area at normal ambient temperatures.
Minimum shelf life is two years from the date of shipping when properly stored.
Products that offer outstanding sustainability advantages are awarded Clariant’s EcoTain® label. EcoTain® products significantly exceed sustainability market standards, have best-in-class performance and contribute overall to sustainability efforts of the company and our customers. Find out more about: EcoTain®.
Safe use, transparency and information
• Negligible odor and reduced VOC during production, application and with final product.
Addressing megatrends and social needs
• Beside the use as 100% solution Licocene PP 1602 granules enables faster blending, easier processing with less consumption.
Raw materials and sustainable sourcing
• Well-balanced cohesive and adhesive properties enabling a significant reduction of add-on and coating weights.
Resource efficiency and environmental protection
• Licocene PP 1602 granules is a tailor-made, ready to use polymer in the field of mattress ticking. As a building block in the hotmelt adhesives it provides excellent compatibility, faster blending, easier processing at lower temperatures thus energy saving potential.
Integrated sustainable business
• Tailor made polymer with improved quality combined with less emission allowing to produce more sustainable solutions.
• Improved bonding strength combined with reduced coating weight and a soft touch feel.