- Hostavin 3070 P provides enhanced color stability and high gloss retention for exterior coatings
- This non-migrating and non-extractable HALS is an ideal partner for high performance coatings which require long lasting effects
- Excellent thermal stability, e.g. for powder coating systems
- Good overall solubilities in commonly used organic solvents
- Hazards-free and label-free HALS (no pictograms)
The product does not require a hazard warning label according CLP regulation (Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008, as amended).
For further information please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet.
Chemical nature: Oligomer of 2,2,4,4-Tetramethyl-7-oxa-3,20-Diazadispiro[126.96.36.199]-heneicosan-21-on and epichlorohydrinClassification: Oligomeric hindered amine light stabilizer (HALS)
Delivery Specifications and (*) General Properties
|Characteristics||Unit||Target value||Test Method|
|Viscosity (20% in toluene)||[mm²/s]||min. 1.8||DIN 51562 at 25°C|
|Volatility (30min/300°C)||[%]||max. 15||QM-AA-913|
|Iodine color number (20% in toluene)||max. 4.0||DIN 6162|
|*Bulk Density||[g/cm³]||~ 0.5|
|*Softening Range||[°C]||~ 148|
|*Solubility at 20 °C||[in g/l]|
|n-Butyl Acetate||min. 500|
|Ethyl Acetate||min. 200|
Hostavin 3070 P is recommended for all types of solventborne coatings. For pigmented system, Hostavin 3070 P can be used alone.
For clearcoat systems, it is recommended to use Hostavin 3070 P in combination with a UV absorber, in the ratio 2:1 to optimize the UV performance of the coating. Depending on the requirements, Hostavin 3206 LIQ, Hostavin 3130 LIQ or Hostavin 3400 LIQ can be used, Hostavin 3400 LIQ being the highest performing UV absorber from the portfolio.
Recommended dosage level of Hostavin 3070 P: 1.0 - 3.0% (active additive on solid resin)
Cardboard box 25 kg
Pallet 500 kg (20 cardboard boxes)
For best shelf life store this product in a dry area at normal ambient temperatures.
Minimum shelf life is five years from the date of shipping when properly stored.