The eco-conscious barrier function balancer
Ethience Protect is sourced from the brazil nut (Bertholletia excelsa), produced by the Brazil nut tree that grows in the Amazon rainforest. Hand-picked by the local communities, the brazil nuts are usually used for their oil. The remaining press cake was previously discarded though it was still rich in polyphenols, molecules with a high interest for the cosmetic industry. By extracting Ethience Protect from this press-cake, it brings new commercial value to this co-product.
Ethience Protect efficiently reinforces the skin barrier protection by acting on its three levels:
- It stimulates the synthesis and transport of lipids, to ensure renewal of the lipid layer that creates a protective film at the surface of the skin and serves as a "mortar" to hold the cells of the stratum corneum altogether
- It stimulates growth and differentiation of keratinocytes, to ensure renewal of the stratum corneum
- It supports cells cohesion and reinforces the cytoskeleton of keratinocytes in the epidermis, maintaining a strong structure to prevent external aggressors from entering deeper in the skin
Thanks to this triple mode of action, skin hydration is maintained and irritation reactions are lowered, as it was demonstrated through two clinical studies with men and women having compromised skins.
For its innovative raw material with an responsibly-sourced supply chain, Ethience Protect won gold at the BSB Innovation Awards 2021 in the category "Environment".
On women wearing masks who presented signs of redness and visible pores, Ethience Protect increased skin hydration by 51.6% in 35 days.
On men who daily shaved and presented signs of redness, Ethience Protect increased hydration by 27.8% and decreased redness by 8% in 35 days.
- Glycerin (and) Water (and) Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Extract
- Active Ingredient
- Active ingredient for cosmetics
- Cream, Lotion
- Repairs skin
Ethience Protect is an active ingredient that can be used in various skincare and cosmetic products, such as:
- Skin barrier protection products
- Skin repair cares
- Moisturizing creams
INCI Name: Glycerin, Water, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Extract
Use level: 0.25-2.5%
Appearance: yellow-orange liquid
Origin: extract of brazil nut collected in the Amazon forest
Certification: Cosmos approved
Compliance: China IECIC listed, Plant origin, ethical sourcing