Clariant Oil Services Invests in IndustryLeading Laboratory Facility
- State-of-the-art facility will enhance Clariant’s support for customers’ flow assurance and integrity challenges
- The facility’s Deepwater capability will complement Clariant’s Deepwater Center of Excellence recently opened in Rio de Janeiro
Houston, May 2, 2013 – Clariant Oil Services announced today that it’s investment in a new laboratory facility is on track for completion in Q3 2013. The facility will be in the new Clariant Oil and Mining Services global headquarters campus, located in The Woodlands, Texas.
“The 64000 square foot complex, including offices, laboratories, and training suite, will utilize innovative design concepts to promote a stimulating and safe work environment,” said Robin McClure, Vice President, North America Region, Clariant Oil Services. “The dynamic look and feel of the laboratories will create an environment that will allow staff to cross-train, share strengths and fully engage in their roles supporting our customers, whether onshore, offshore shelf, or located in deepwater.”
The new facility will have several separate laboratories with robust capabilities, including:
- Flow Assurance: This laboratory will house both industry standard equipment and Clariant-developed units that will accurately assess customer’s potential risks and aid design of mitigation measures.
- Deepwater: In addition to the full flow assurance capability, Clariant’s Deepwater Laboratory will be equipped with specialist devices for deepwater product qualification testing.
- Integrity: Clariant has developed a laboratory that will effectively manage the full range of customer challenges, including, high shear, sour, high pressure and deepwater applications.
- Well Services Additives: Development and evaluation of high performance products to serve the drilling, stimulation and cementing markets.
- Analytical Laboratory: The analytical suite will feature equipment including SEM, XRD, HPLC, ICP and FTIR – all of which allow characterization of deposits, scales and corrosion mechanisms that can occur in the oilfield environment.
“This equipment, housed in a state-of-the-art facility and staffed with some of the leading figures in the industry, will result in a first class service delivery for Clariant Oil Services’ clients,” said Robin, he continued “In particular, we are pleased to be able to benefit from our company‘s experience supporting deepwater and pre-salt production in Brazil to bring these capabilities to our Gulf of Mexico customers.“
Clariant Oil Services announced the ground breaking for the new facility September 7, 2012.