Clariant Presents Sustainable Innovations in Leather at ACLE 2013
- All China Leather Exhibition, Shanghai
- Booth D11, Hall E2, September 4 – 6, 2013
- Safe and reliable solutions
- Differentiation and competitiveness
Muttenz, July 15, 2013 – Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, will demonstrate how eco-friendly alternatives really can deliver top-level product performance and that all-important competitive-edge to leather manufacturers, at ACLE 2013 in Shanghai from September 4-6 (Booth D11, Hall E2).
Under the motto “More than meets the eye – Sustainable Innovations in Leather”, Clariant’s safe and reliable solutions offer the potential to substantially reduce ecological impact and help customers differentiate themselves in the market. This year’s event will see Clariant focus on innovative applications for the automotive, furniture, and shoes & fashion segments. Clariant will also help to further boost the competitiveness of its customers with a heads-up forecast on the fashion trends for Autumn/Winter 2014/15 on display at the booth.
“Developing sustainable solutions that work in practice is integral to Clariant’s approach and our values of Performance. People. Planet. Our solutions for leather manufacturing offer reliability, high-level functionality, improved ecological profiles, and support creativity to help customers gain a sought-after competitive edge that can raise their earning potential,” comments Oliver Kinkel, Head of Clariant’s global Leather Services Business Unit.
With sustainability at their heart, Clariant’s featured highlights from wet end chemicals and dyestuffs to NMP/NEP-free leather finishing products will include: effective and efficient anti-soiling and waterproofing agents; a new generation of retanning syntans mainly based on renewable raw materials; innovative upgrading technology; and brilliant colors and pigments with eye-catching appeal.
Sustainable and chrome-free tanning with Granofin® Easy F-90: Clariant’s industry standard-setting innovation EasyWhite Tan provides an environmentally compatible, safe and simplified tanning process that will have major benefits for tanners supplying almost every sector, from automotive leather to footwear. This technology has been developed using Clariant’s Granofin® Easy F-90 Liquid, an organic compound that is not based on chrome, phenols or aldehydes. It removes the need to add salt during the tanning process as well as reducing the number of stages in the tanning process itself.
Long-lasting waterproofing with the efficient use of Dermaphob® WA-71: Dermaphob® WA-71 Liquid is a high performance water-repellent fatliquor for firm to medium soft leathers with a very tight and fine grain. It is highly effective even at very low levels of application. Low application also makes it easier to adjust level of softness in the final leather.
Sustainable retanning agents with maximized use of renewable raw materials: Clariant’s new generation replacements for phenol-based syntans are manufacturered to minimize the use of phenol and maximize the use of renewable raw materials.
- Tanicor® RS-38 and Tanicor RS-40 (for white and light colored leathers) impart a consistent fullness, tightness and softness across the leather and contribute to a reduction of formaldehyde in the retanning bath and in the level of free or releasable formaldehyde in the leather. Tergotan® RE-5020 replaces conventionally used resin-based tanning agents. Similar to the performance of traditional melamine or urea-formaldehyde based resin, it imparts excellent, selective filling, good dye-ability and an overall improvement in grain tightness. It is particularly suited for use in the retannage of leathers made with Granofin Easy F-90, Clariant’s new generation organic tanning agent.
Vegetable-feel leathers: Clariant’s Derminol® range of compact specialty fatliquors allow tanners to produce beautiful and quality vegetable leathers using more standard application techniques, overcoming traditionally restrictive processing methods and conditions. With each product focused on a specific area, for example, stuffing and pull up, polishing and glazing, or a true vegetable handle, common benefits include uniform penetration and distribution for consistent softness levels and reliable results, and excellent lightfastness and heat resistance.
Clariant’s new EasyGuard anti-soiling system – aqueous and free of NMP/NEP: Clariant introduces its new EasyGuard aqueous anti-soiling system for leathers. It will be especially welcomed by tanners supplying the demanding automotive and upholstery sectors, as well as those working with footwear and fashion accessory manufacturers. The new system is formulated to provide more effective resistance to the broad spectrum of everyday products that can spoil the appearance of leather. This latest development s in Clariant’s wide range of anti-soiling products is both simple in application and economical in use.
Aqualen® Top FL-series provide NMP/NEP-free aqueous topcoats for Fine Leathers: The Aqualen® Top FL-series responds to requests from luxury brands in the Italian market for a new generation of low VOC, NMP/NEP-free aqueous top coats for fine leather for shoes, bags and nappas. Its broad compatibility enables the feel, gloss levels and physical properties of the leather to be modified.
Advanced upgrading technology for a wide variety of articles: Clariant’s latest developments in finishing help leathers to retain a high degree of their natural softness and feel, and create final articles with high sales appeal and price possibilities. As pure aqueous innovations, the waxes avoid the use of NMP or NEP. New Melio® 06-M-73 is a filling/upgrading wax for a wide variety of articles from shoe upper to bag and furniture leathers including all fine leather applications. The product can be used in pre-grounds and base coats to level and mask the leather surface.
Brilliant aqueous-based pigments & efficient wet end dyestuffs:
- Neosan® Lucido Pigments combine the physicals known from pigments with the brilliant transparency of dyestuffs to offer finishers new possibilities to create a very elegant appearance for classical articles as well as highly fashionable and brilliant shades, using an aqueous-based colorant. The very fine, dispersed transparent pigments based on nanotechnology are suitable for both anionic and cationic finishing systems.They are easy and versatile to use, have excellent fastness and migration properties, and do not contain NMP, NEP or phthalates.
- Clariant’s Dermapel Dye range of anionic dyestuffs for shoe uppers and other leather articles provides best performance with outstanding cost-effectiveness. Dermapel Dyes include the most relevant colors, with excellent combinability and high matching reproductability. All Clariant dyes are developed in accordance with high environmental, health and safety regulations.
This information corresponds to the present state of our knowledge and is intended as a general description of our products and their possible applications. Clariant makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the information’s accuracy, adequacy, sufficiency or freedom from defect and assumes no liability in connection with any use of this information. Any user of this product is responsible for determining the suitability of Clariant’s products for its particular application.<br /> <br /> * Nothing included in this information waives any of Clariant’s General Terms and Conditions of Sale, which control unless it agrees otherwise in writing. Any existing intellectual/industrial property rights must be observed. Due to possible changes in our products and applicable national and international regulations and laws, the status of our products could change. Material Safety Data Sheets providing safety precautions, that should be observed when handling or storing Clariant products, are available upon request and are provided in compliance with applicable law. You should obtain and review the applicable Material Safety Data Sheet information before handling any of these products. For additional information, please contact Clariant.<br /> <br /> * For sales to customers located within the United States and Canada the following applies in addition: No express or implied warranty is made of the merchantability, suitability, fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise of any product or service.<br /> <br /> © Trademark of Clariant registered in many countries.<br /> ® 2019 Clariant International Ltd